Author Topic: My WFO project  (Read 11104 times)

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
My WFO project
« on: May 20, 2010, 10:29:56 PM »
I am going to be digging this out on Monday, if it doesn't rain... And putting this bad boy there.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: My WFO project
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 10:37:53 PM »
David,

Is the oven the same one shown in the thread at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,9495.msg82119.html#msg82119, or one similar to it?

Peter

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 11:29:22 PM »
Awesome that you've started your WFO project. That thing looks monstrous!  Thanks for posting and sharing the pics. 

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 11:32:10 PM »
Yup, same one I am buying it off of WSP. Can't wait, I wish I had it now I would just put it on the lawn and use it, but that wouldn't be practical.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 11:33:57 PM »
Awesome that you've started your WFO project. That thing looks monstrous!  Thanks for posting and sharing the pics. 

Yea it is pretty big. When I saw it in person I was like HOLY %$#... that's big. It looks smaller in the pictures, but it is a good size inside diameter of 42".

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 09:03:39 PM »
Congrats look GREAT! are you planning to to an exterior finish or just place it on the pad? I am jealous! 12" dome hieght and 42" interior WOW! enjoy!
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 10:58:54 PM »
Yea I am going to build a stand. I wanted the top half around the oven to look something like this. http://www.fornobravo.com/pizza_oven_photos/residential_ovens/Healdsburg1.html. I haven't decided what I want to do with the bottom half. I was thinking of just doing the whole thing; top to bottom with stucco but I wanted the stone look.

I wanted to do something like this. http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/attachments/21/19250d1274148069-my-wfo-started-april-2010-arch.jpg

Still thinking...

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 06:13:20 PM »
So I dug up the hole today, didn't take to long with a back hoe. I hope I can do the foundation tomorrow, I am trying to do everything as fast as I can so I can get the oven.

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 07:23:56 PM »
BSO,  hole looks good,  now fill it up!  -marc

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 09:56:59 PM »
Hopefully tomorrow if I can get the rest of that dirt out. How many bags of cement you think it will take to fill 1.5ftdeep 6'x6?

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 09:48:15 PM »
Will take 2 CY for those measurments. thats a lot of mixing! and how much $ are those pesky bags? 2 cyd in jersey would be about $150 inc. delivery. Have a local small load or short load redi mix company deliver. If you cant get small truck to hole  get a few wheelbarrows just borrow them Its so much easier than mixing takes time and a lot of energy at least rent a mixer so It can all go in the ground consistently and quickly
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline carbon

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 10:27:52 PM »
I hope you're not actually going to pour 1.5' deep worth of concrete.  All you need are well compacted soil and gravel base, and perhaps 4 to 6 inch thick rebar reinforced slab poured on top.  If you have frost you need to go deeper than 1.5', but not on the entire area.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:30:32 PM by carbon »

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 10:56:17 PM »
Renting a mixer at HomeDepot for a day is $45. One 80# bag is $4.57. I was asking because I was thinking of getting it already mixed if I could get it for $250-300.

I hope you're not actually going to pour 1.5' deep worth of concrete.  All you need are well compacted soil and gravel base, and perhaps 4 to 6 inch thick rebar reinforced slab poured on top.  If you have frost you need to go deeper than 1.5', but not on the entire area.

Where I live the frost line is 48", the hole is about 39"-40" deep. I filled the hole with gravel leaving 1.5' for the concrete.

I didn't get to the concrete today because moving the dirt took longer than I thought. I did get all the gravel in though. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the slab poured.

I did get this in today, so I'm happy.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 12:20:07 PM »
I got the concrete poured today ;D. One step closer. The guy said that since the weather has been good, I should be able to build on it by Monday or Tuesday.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 02:32:15 PM »
I was supposed to do the hearth today but stupid Tstorms are happening as I am typing are halting the process >:(. Hopefully I can do it tomorrow.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 06:11:39 PM »
I finally got the oven. Something I will never want to do again, moving a 2500 pound oven. I'll get pictures up as soon as it stops rainning.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 06:46:13 PM »
Finally.

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 08:36:19 PM »
Nice!  looks better up there than on the stand.  the height looks good right?  When is your first bake?  -marc

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »
Yea, I knew it was going to look better on here than on the metal. The height is perfect for me, the deck is right at 47". Not low so I have to bend over to look in and not to high where my shoulder is uncomfortable high. I'm going tomorrow to find the bricks I wanna use then I just have to wait for my uncle to do the job, so hopefully by the end of next week. I ordered all the oven tools yesterday, the lady said I should have them by Thursday. I need to order some firewood. I called a place in Uxbridge,MA he said its going to be $350 for a cord of wood with delivery. Then I called someone else and he said it was $275 delivered. IDK who's wood is better though. The second guy said since I'm using the wood for pizza he would give me all oak for no charge. The first guy said his wood is seasonws for 7mth-1yr, the second guy said his was 1.5yr.

My uncle said the oven weighs around 1200lbs, because his bobcat can't pick up more than 1500 I guess. So it wasn't as heavy as we thought.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 09:23:28 PM by BrickStoneOven »

Online Matthew

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 06:45:54 AM »
Finally.

Hey David,
I know what you went through.  I had to take half my fence down so that I could get a full size fork lift in my yard.  Luckily my oven had steel hooks precast in all 4 corners of the exterior which made lifting it fairly easy.  Just out of curiosity, how are you going to get it off the skid?

Matt

pizzapan