Author Topic: MBE (Mini Black Egg) Project  (Read 70805 times)

buceriasdon

Re: MBE (Mini Black Egg) Project
« Reply #375 on: June 22, 2011, 08:03:07 AM »
If you are looking for 4 minute bakes it won't happen, in double the time maybe, yes, plus the heat up time will be considerable longer. My tiny little kitchen just became unbearable when I tried it. Also I did not find I saved propane over using a high pressure burner. I did have some success using a large area low pressure burner outside, but heat up time was considerable. I would post a link to those pics but the whole LBE link has become so awkward and unweildy and needing editing I don't have the patience to wander around in it.
Don

usingquote author=R2-Bayou link=topic=11126.msg144041#msg144041 date=1308683597]
Not sure if this has been covered already, but has anyone tried to setup their MBE on a gas stove top instead of the Bayou Classic? just curious if a home range would put out enough btu's to bring the MBE up to temp...
[/quote]

Offline AgPie

« Reply #376 on: September 08, 2011, 01:12:32 PM »
Chau, great work  :chef:
your MBE setup seems lost in-between posts. Isn't there a way that you can post the latest/best setup of your MBE, that can be accessed easily.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #377 on: September 08, 2011, 05:29:06 PM »
Chau, great work  :chef:
your MBE setup seems lost in-between posts. Isn't there a way that you can post the latest/best setup of your MBE, that can be accessed easily.

Thanks AgPie.  I disabled my MBE to use the burner for my LBE project.  My LBE setup is very similar to the MBE setup, which can be seen here at reply...Reply #10

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13036.0.html

The pies in my LBE thread are more current.

Chau

Offline kaineilsen

« Reply #378 on: September 29, 2012, 02:29:27 AM »
Just wanted to say a resounding "thank you" to everyone who contributed to this thread!  I took my mbe on her maiden voyage tonight armed with the america's test kitchen new york style dough, some fior de latte, cento san marzanos from Trader Joe's and a whole bunch of Calabrian Chiles.  6 pizzas under an hour + sub 4 minute bakes = happy guests and kids.

(btw - cost plus world market pizza stone: 0 - 2 pieces in 20 minutes)

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #379 on: September 29, 2012, 02:38:14 AM »
Congrats! You should consider posting up pictures of some of your pizzas.

Offline kaineilsen

« Reply #380 on: October 12, 2012, 11:18:35 PM »
Pics of tonight's pizzas.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #381 on: October 13, 2012, 10:57:49 AM »
Kaineilsen,  Your pizzas look great.  Looks like a pretty well balanced bake, which isn't always easy on the MBE/LBE.  Nice work.  Nice looking crust and crumb as well. 

Chau

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #382 on: October 13, 2012, 11:59:58 AM »
I agree. Really good looking. What all is on the potato pie? Did you do anything to prep the potatoes other than slicing them?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline kaineilsen

« Reply #383 on: October 14, 2012, 02:30:54 AM »
Thanks guys!  I'm still trying to get the air 'director' dialed in, but pretty happy so far.

The potato pie - red bliss potatoes sliced on a mandolin, red onion, and finely chopped rosemary all tossed in olive oil.  I rinsed the potatoes in several changes of water to get rid of some of the starch, then sprinkled about 1/2 tsp of salt and let it sit for awhile to pull out some of the water. 

Offline BUGSY4620

« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2012, 05:15:05 PM »
Hey Guys,

Just wanted your input. I'm going to be constructing my little black egg of my own but, unfortunately, the turkey burner (bayou classic sp 10) only comes with a 10psi regulator. Would that work? What would be the difference in function from say, a 20 psi vs a 10 psi?

Thanks

Offline landras

« Reply #385 on: January 08, 2013, 10:59:26 AM »
Hey Guys,

Just wanted your input. I'm going to be constructing my little black egg of my own but, unfortunately, the turkey burner (bayou classic sp 10) only comes with a 10psi regulator. Would that work? What would be the difference in function from say, a 20 psi vs a 10 psi?

Thanks

I am using a 10 psi with not problem. I never used a 20 psi so I can not tell you how different is cooking with one or the other..
good luck
nico

Offline meatboy

« Reply #386 on: January 26, 2013, 09:07:22 AM »
Your pies look fantastic! Congratulations!

May you please post some pics of your MBE how it looks atm?

pizzapan