Author Topic: las vegas pizza joints  (Read 2103 times)

Offline WOMBAT

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
las vegas pizza joints
« on: March 28, 2005, 08:45:40 PM »
is there any good pizza joint in vegas?
I am going for a few and would love to know if there are any  i must go to

Offline dinks

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: las vegas pizza joints
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 11:06:02 AM »
WOMBAT:
   Good Morning. I live in Las Vegas. I do not eat Pizza out nor do I go out to eat very often either. However, I do not know of the many pizza joints that are doing bizzzz-nizzz here but in the past I enjoyed going to a place that doesn't exist any longer. It was called "PISTOL PETE'S".
   It was bought-out by a pizza corp. by the name of "PIED PIPER". I believe they use the same dough recipe meaning I know they use a Hi-G flour for the thin crust pizza. I have the exact recipe for the PETE'S joint As I knew the manager & the young head baker there 15 years ago. If you decide to go look in the yellow pages for the location in the eastern part of town. It is on Tropicana Ave. about 3 miles east of the strip. It is in a shopping center.As you know things change, So no guarantees. I will be going there tonight after I get my Taxes done . It will be too late to go home & fuss in the kithen. I havn't been there in about 18 months.

Offline dinks

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 10:54:27 AM »
WOMBAT:
  Good Morning. I went to that joint last night. I found it wasn't there any longer. It has become a thrift store. This pizza joint I referred to you as pied piper is called "PETER PIPER". They have a total of 4 locations. Anyway, If you look in the yellow pages under PIZZA there are about 3 pages full of ads you may find one name you may be familiar with. Good Luck & have a nice day my friend.
    ~DINKS.

Offline WOMBAT

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 02:41:14 PM »
THANKS FOR THE INFO
JUST GOT BACK YOUR  COMING UP SHORT IN L.V. FOR PIZZA  ^-^

Offline vegasnikkitime

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 02:33:12 AM »
I just love pizza's whether it's from any place. :pizza: Specially at Tropicana Ave you will find the one of your choice. May be.

Offline Pigslips

• "Dominus Vobiscum"
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 05:43:39 PM »
Give this site a look-see.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=&ns=1&find_loc=Las+Vegas%2C+NV#cflt=pizza&show_filters=1

There are a couple of Coal Fired Pizza joints also.

Side note:  Guy Fieri's favorite Stromboli is at Four Kegs Sports Pub, 276 N Jones Boulevard

Good eats.
“Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.”

Offline flyboy4ual

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 10:13:34 PM »
This place is great and it is just 15 minutes outside of Las Vegas in Henderson.

http://www.settebello.net/

Scott

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 05:35:56 PM »
This place is great and it is just 15 minutes outside of Las Vegas in Henderson.

http://www.settebello.net/

Scott

Been there during the Series and had a great pie...it was after recently opening and the service wasn't great but I'd take a stab just because there are so few certified places out there and I'm sure by now they've worked out the kinks.

I always dropped by Metro Pizza whenever I was in town but that was before I started making my own pizza, haven't had it since so it's hard to really compare now.

Grimaldi's also has a location out there and coupled with an ice cold Fat Tire it's pretty good.  But it also falls into the same category as above.  Have fun!

pizzapan