I had a half bag of KA whole wheat flour I wanted to get rid of, so I used it last night.
2 cups KAWW
2 cups KABF
1 cup semolina
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1 package of the Flieshman's pizza yeast packs in a cup of warm water along with a teaspoon of brown sugar, proofed for 10 minutes.
I added around 3 cups more of water.
I made 2 batches of that, let them double covered on the bench (about an hour at 80 degrees), then pounded them down for around 8 folds each and balled them, cupped them and let them work in the refrigerator for about 5 hours. I let them rise on the bench for another 2 hours before using them.
I burned a very long, hot fire in the oven, about 4 hours as opposed to the usual 2. It was just too hot outside(100+) to actually work in front of the oven, so I just kept throwing wood on it until the air cooled off a bit. It was over 1000 degrees on all walls and the floor was 900+ when I cleaned it out and prepped it for pizza. I let it cool down a little bit to get close to my sweet spot of 800ish degrees on the walls and around 700 on the floor.
I made a margharita first, but the oven was still too hot, not very good, then an Italian sausage, onion, red pepper and hatch chili pie (I ended up making three of these, they were so good). A pepperoni for the kids, a pit pie for the neighbor, and for myself a jalapeno, hatch chili, onion, and red pepper pie. The wife wanted an Italian sausage, spinach, and onion, and that came out well.
So there you have it, nothing strange, just good pies. The whole wheat crust was pretty good, actually.