Author Topic: Only one caveat  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Tannerwooden

Only one caveat
« on: September 04, 2010, 01:55:11 AM »
Pics of Wednesday's pizza.  Peter Reinhardts recipe from "The Breadbaker's Apprentice", only a little drier, and refridgerated for 3 days.  Oh, and I added some gluten.  Maybe like, 60% hydration.  First pic is pepperoni and basil, the second is carmelized onions on Tillamook's 100th anniversary chedder (my wife's favorite!).  My son said, "Take a picture of me daddy!", so that's the last picture.

I'm pretty happy with this and I feel like I can make this kind of pizza regularly.  Thanks so much for all the great advice I've received from guys on this forum!  The only caveat is it's always a little wetter, a little doughier than I want.  Working with chilled, high gluten dough, it's tough to get to the dryness I want.  Does that make sense?

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
Re: Only one caveat
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:08:59 AM »
Good looking pies there. Nice crust coloration too. As for "Wetness", you could try a lower hydration dough or maybe stretching the same amount of dough a little thinner(bigger pie), especially around the rim.

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 10:17:40 AM »
From the look on your son's face, it is clear that your pies passed the most important test of all!

Nice work,

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 01:28:22 PM »
The pizzas look good.  I especially like the spring in the center of the pie - something I've messed up on the last few pies.  My favorite picture is the last one.
Dave