Author Topic: Only one caveat  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Tannerwooden

Only one caveat
« on: September 04, 2010, 01:55:11 AM »
Pics of Wednesday's pizza.  Peter Reinhardts recipe from "The Breadbaker's Apprentice", only a little drier, and refridgerated for 3 days.  Oh, and I added some gluten.  Maybe like, 60% hydration.  First pic is pepperoni and basil, the second is carmelized onions on Tillamook's 100th anniversary chedder (my wife's favorite!).  My son said, "Take a picture of me daddy!", so that's the last picture.

I'm pretty happy with this and I feel like I can make this kind of pizza regularly.  Thanks so much for all the great advice I've received from guys on this forum!  The only caveat is it's always a little wetter, a little doughier than I want.  Working with chilled, high gluten dough, it's tough to get to the dryness I want.  Does that make sense?

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
Re: Only one caveat
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:08:59 AM »
Good looking pies there. Nice crust coloration too. As for "Wetness", you could try a lower hydration dough or maybe stretching the same amount of dough a little thinner(bigger pie), especially around the rim.

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 10:17:40 AM »
From the look on your son's face, it is clear that your pies passed the most important test of all!

Nice work,

Craig
Pizza is not bread. Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 01:28:22 PM »
The pizzas look good.  I especially like the spring in the center of the pie - something I've messed up on the last few pies.  My favorite picture is the last one.
Dave

pizzapan