Author Topic: Show off your mixer!  (Read 2449 times)

Offline hodgey1

• Supporting Member
  • Where is summer?
    • My WFO project
Re: Show off your mixer!
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2016, 10:02:40 AM »
Added a 1/2 HP 20 qt and pelican to my kitchen.
That's a sweet set-up! Wish I had the Pelican :(

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2016, 10:26:12 AM »
For those of you who have a 4 Qt KA mixer and hate the C hook attachment.   I modified the flat beater to see if I could simulate the mixing action of a fork mixer.  I'm not sure if I had any success in that area but it does indeed mix better than the C hook.  You still have to tilt the head of the machine up and down during the mixing process but the dough appears to mix more evenly and come together more readily.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2016, 10:38:01 AM »
For those of you who have a 4 Qt KA mixer and hate the C hook attachment.   I modified the flat beater to see if I could simulate the mixing action of a fork mixer.  I'm not sure if I had any success in that area but it does indeed mix better than the C hook.  You still have to tilt the head of the machine up and down during the mixing process but the dough appears to mix more evenly and come together more readily.

Have you tried that at a slower speed with your new speed controller?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2016, 10:49:10 AM »
Not yet but I need to.  Too many experiments to do these days.  Maybe this weekend I'll mix up a batch of NP dough at low speeds and make a video.

Offline gtsum2

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2016, 12:47:43 PM »

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I might give this a whirl

Offline tinroofrusted

• Experimenting....
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2016, 01:34:35 PM »
That is super cool. It's like half-way to a food processor.  Thanks for sharing. 

Edit: On second viewing and comparing with the standard KA beater, it looks like you have an extra piece coming up off the top on the left side. What is that? 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:40:07 PM by tinroofrusted »

Offline Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2016, 01:57:14 PM »
I'm not sure Tin.  This is an old model 4qt KA.   I think it is just a part of the original design of the flat beater.  You can see it in the pic here as well.  I should cut it off.