Author Topic: my latest pizza  (Read 35446 times)

Pizza01

Re: my latest pizza
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »
thank you very much. appreciate it.

Pizza01

« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2011, 02:34:25 PM »
this was today.
28 hour room temp dough.
900 gram bf   100%
540 gram water   60%
9 gram sugar   1%
22.5 gram salt   2.5%
0.5 gram  cy  less then 0.05 %
13 gram olive oil 1.5%

4 ball each one 340-350 gram
after 14 hour made balls from the batch.

first one fresh mozz and grated parmigiano reggiano toped with tomatoes.
fresh bazil after its done.
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,12606.msg133326.html#msg133326

second pie fresh mozz and parmesan (not reggiano, i wanted to see the diference- this one create a layer of oil on the pizza and the reggiano is much tasteier)  
mushroom and bazil.

third pie fresh mozz tuna under cheeze and green peper on top with reggiano after its done, fresh bazil and olive oil.

fourth pizza fresh mozz, reggiano and the other parmesan, mushroom, green peper and lots of bazil.
the sauce was the italian whole peel tomatoes with fresh oregano and freash bazil chopped, salt, sugar and olive oil blended in food prossecor after draing liquids.
pizza was great. one problem the crust was littel dry i couldent understand why.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 05:25:08 PM by msheetrit »

Pizza01

« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2011, 02:44:23 PM »
here are more crust photos.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2011, 03:32:35 PM »
Incredible stuff Michael. The bottoms looks beautiful with that leoparding. I love the long room temp ferment as well, in fact I have some on the counter right now with .05% CY and 5% starter.

John

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2011, 03:49:23 PM »
Michael how did you cook these? On stone at 550? Did you use broiler?

Pizza01

« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »
Michael how did you cook these? On stone at 550? Did you use broiler?

i cook it with heat from the bottom and the fan on directly on the stone on the lowest oven rack, i preheat the oven 80 minutes to its max 270cl degrees. no broiler.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:54:01 PM by msheetrit »

Pizza01

« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »
Incredible stuff Michael. The bottoms looks beautiful with that leoparding. I love the long room temp ferment as well, in fact I have some on the counter right now with .05% CY and 5% starter.

John
thank you very much john! theres just one thing that i sond understand... why the crust was littel dry?...
maybe its because i forgot it in the freezer 45 minutes ( i wanted to retarted little bit the rise so i puted it for 2 minutes. but i forgot it there for 45 minutes)

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2011, 04:02:35 PM »
thank you very much john! theres just one thing that i sond understand... why the crust was littel dry?...
maybe its because i forgot it in the freezer 45 minutes ( i wanted to retarted little bit the rise so i puted it for 2 minutes. but i forgot it there for 45 minutes)

How long was your bake? Home oven bakes tend to be long enough for the dough to dry out - you may want to up your hydration next time to see if you get a more moist crumb. But that may affect browning, so adjust oil and sugar as necessary (someone else with more oven/stone experience should chime in).

John

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2011, 04:14:09 PM »
why the crust was littel dry?... maybe its because i forgot it in the freezer 45 minutes ( i wanted to retarted little bit the rise so i puted it for 2 minutes. but i forgot it there for 45 minutes)

Michael,

I doubt that the crust was dry because you put the dough in the freezer for 45 minutes. Your dough weight is 1485 grams (or 52.4 oz, or 3.27 lb). It would take longer than 45 minutes to hurt that amount of dough. I have put a lot smaller amount of dough in my freezer without hurting it in any way after 45 minutes.

Peter

Pizza01

« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2011, 05:23:37 PM »
peter i was thinking somthing... please tell me if it make sense to you.

at summer time the wheat is harder and the flour that comes from it absorb more water, at winter time the wheat softer and absorb less water.

somthing has changed in the flour i use, when i made this dough last time it wasent dry. i dident change any thing.

Pizza01

« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2011, 05:52:20 PM »
How long was your bake? Home oven bakes tend to be long enough for the dough to dry out - you may want to up your hydration next time to see if you get a more moist crumb. But that may affect browning, so adjust oil and sugar as necessary (someone else with more oven/stone experience should chime in).

John
thank you john for your help and your good word. its always good to read your replys.  :)

Pizza01

« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2011, 04:00:54 PM »
after almost 4 months that i dident made any pizza finally today i made 3 pies.

5 hour room temp fermention(its summer here)

i made the sauce by my self puted tomatoes in a pot and boiled them with fresh garlic and after they were cooked peeled them, drained and took the seeds out, then puted them in the blender with salt. pepper, fresh bazil, o.oil, litel bit sugar and cooked garlic.
cheeze: pecorino and hard mozz.  
 can you imagine whats its like to make and eat your own pizza after 4 months break? for 6 months i made pizza almost every day!
i had to look in my scetch book for the formula because i forgot how much idy needed ( at the end i decided to put half tsp on 600 g flour)
each ball 315 gram on the scale.
here is one photo  :) its nice to know i still got it, and i have to say because i dident made this a while and my mind was clean from the procces it was very easy and fast today and everyone enjoyed it.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:07:32 PM by msheetrit »

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2011, 04:12:28 PM »
Micheal I was just thinking about you this morning as I ran across a post of yours.  Welcome back.  Just curious why you weren't able to make pizza for 4 months? 

Chau

Pizza01

« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2011, 04:23:28 PM »
there is no special reason i just wanted litel break from it, i also reasigned to another part in my job and when i came home from work i was very tired and i wanted to spend more time with my family.
also i think its overload from pizza.
i got to the point that i was aiming in pizza making and i think if will go further on that road i will quit my job and open pizza place and now its not the right time for it. so now i will go slow and maybe in the future.
jhon wrote to me in pm he thought somthing happend to me, so i am ok guys and i missed you all you too jackie.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2011, 06:27:06 PM »
Looks great. You're still on your game after the time off!

CL
Pizza is not bread.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2011, 06:29:35 PM »
Michael - It is like you never left. Picture perfect, and I am sure it was delicious. Good to hear you are well.

John

Pizza01

« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2011, 07:05:33 PM »
Thank you very much guys !!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2011, 09:19:59 PM »
Michael,

Welcome back!  :)  Your pies look terrific!

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Pizza01

« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2011, 05:47:02 AM »
Thank you norma  :)

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »
Welcome back Buddy! I think we all thought of you...I was wondering if you were doing allright and sure enough you are.Nice work on the pizzas!
 :)

-Bill