Author Topic: my latest pizza  (Read 34786 times)

Pizza01

Re: my latest pizza
« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2012, 12:45:03 AM »
Yes i know! But we dont have a yard and my wife doesent let me build it in the living room... Go figure...:-)

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2012, 03:16:28 AM »
Michael, your pies are look really great.  I was looking at some of your earlier pies.  The caputo flour will work very similar to the Pivetti 00 flour you used before. 

Also I have made many very good pies mixing 75% caputo 00 with 25% HG or BF.   That 13% BF you have will be fine mixing with caputo.  Bake it about 2.5-3m and you will have very good pizza.   Adjust your hydration so that the dough has the same feel and consistency as your regular dough with all BF.

Chau 

Pizza01

« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »
Thank you chau.
75%caputo in my 270cl oven? I will hope it would be ok.
Well...
Now i am going to do it.

Pizza01

« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2012, 05:14:26 PM »
I made tow pizzas one with75caputo and the rest bf and the other pizza 75bf and the rest caputo.
The caputo dident went  as i expected.
The feel of the dough in my hands was amazing. The skin was super easy to open, to open the israeli dough compare to that is fighting.
As for baking...
Let just say that maybe next time i will use broiler mode 5cm from the stone on the upper rack and i will get better results.
That was the first time i am positive that it will get better.
The second piiza with bf turend out better because of the broile.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:22:24 PM by msheetrit »

Pizza01

« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »
Here is the 75% bf baked under the broiler as shwon in the photo above.

Pizza01

« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2012, 05:41:54 PM »
second round for the 75% caputo/ 25%bf with 13.5% proteins.
I made batch for 24 room temp rise with 0.1% cy
59% hydration, 2.5%salt, 1%sugar and 1tbs o.oil.
tomarrow its goind to be under the broil. I am hoping to nail it.

Pizza01

« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2012, 12:09:31 PM »
Iam very happy to say that you were very right chau.
75%caputo/25%bf made very good pizza, the pizza was very soft snd like nothing that i have seen before.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:11:42 PM by msheetrit »

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2012, 12:19:56 PM »
Michael I'm glad to hear that your pizza turned out well and that you were happy with it.  Did you happen to time your bake or do you know the temp of the stone when it was loaded?

Can you describe the differences in texture of this pizza versus your regular pizza? Did you like this one more so, or was it good but in a different way from your normal pizza?

Chau
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 02:33:38 PM by Jackie Tran »

Pizza01

« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2012, 12:40:46 PM »
I did not time the bake this time iwill do it next time but it was 3 minutes or so.
The stone was preheated 90 minutes at the max temp 270 cl deg, then i turned on the broil and the stone was about 9cm from it on the upper oven rack.
i dont have ir termometer yet but my guess is 350cl deg+the broil this combing with the setup of the oven gave the pizza for my opinion the max heat that this oven can give.

I would describe the differences in the texture as soft, fresh, foldeble pizza. it felt like the best dough i ever felt in my mouth cheoy but st the right amount on my hands it sat like a blanket!
the taste was clean, the dough stay soft even after hour and that doesent happen with the regular.
When i opened the skin it was so easy! it dident shrinked at all!
It tasted like places i never been before chau :-)

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »
Very nice work Michael.  That is how caputo is suppose to be when it is done right.  This is another example of baking caputo in the 3 minute range without toughness.  Do me a favor.  Next time you make pizza, do 2 batches.  1) do your 75/25 00/BF and 2) do one with 100% caputo 00.   

Of course you have to adjust your hydration down around 1-2% points, but also try to match the dough consistency.  Keep the same workflow and just do it be feel.  I'm interested to see if you can reproduce your results, which one you like better, and if the 100% caputo will remain soft.

Chau

Pizza01

« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2012, 03:26:40 PM »
I will do that.
One more thing i did 24 hours room temp rise on 1 kg flour puted 1 gr cy like keste make, and because the water was warm the procces went too fast so i had to put the dough after 10 hours into the fridge. And this< i will never do again! I hate the fridge thing it takes amount of freshness from the final dough taste and the color is a bit numb.
I will do that and update...
Thank you :)

Pizza01

« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2012, 06:03:58 PM »
well i listened to you chau and made 100% caputo pizza and it was the best texture of dough we ever ate!!! i dident knew that this exist!
i made sauce from fresh tomatows without grains or water, just the flesh of the tomatows. puted fresh garlic, salt, pepper, litle bit sugar, litle bit o. oil and cooked it.
baking time was exatly 3:51 min
so soft pizza....

Pizza01

« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »
100% caputo flour
59% water
1% sugar
2.5 salt
0.5% cy
8 hours room temp rise

Pizza01

« Reply #213 on: February 16, 2012, 06:20:57 PM »
here is another pie made by the same water feel in it
but only 33% caputo and the rest bf
and the result was crunchy dough but i liked the 100% caputo much more.
plus> this pizza was baked 5 minutes until it was ready.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #214 on: February 16, 2012, 07:09:50 PM »
Michael,

Wow, what a wonderful looking Caputo pizza!  :) Great job!  :chef:

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #215 on: February 16, 2012, 07:34:37 PM »
Nice pizza @Pizza01. I just recently bought my first ever bag of "00" flour, not Caputo but similar. I will have to give a similar pizza a try. Hope it tasted as good as it looks. 8)

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2012, 07:54:04 PM »
Pro-level pies there Michael! Very nice.

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #217 on: February 16, 2012, 11:37:14 PM »
well i listened to you chau and made 100% caputo pizza and it was the best texture of dough we ever ate!!!
baking time was exatly 3:51 min
so soft pizza....

Micheal I'm glad you like the pizza but are you absolutely 100% sure it was 100% caputo baked in the home oven for almost 4min?  And you still got a soft crumb?  And this was the softest crust you have ever made with any flour right?  This is hard to swallow (pun intended) as you know this is an impossibility right?  It's just not possible Michael because that is what all the experts keep saying.  That caputo gets tough beyond a 60-90sec bake.  You are either smoking too much oregano or you are high on your own pizza.   ::)

Michael, of course I am just joking around.  Thanks for doing the test, posting your results, and confirming my own findings.  Just in case others may want to try and verify this for themselves, would you mind posting up your dough method and fermentation times and temps?   Did you happen to take the temp of the stone prior to loading the pizza?

Chau

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:35:15 AM by Jackie Tran »

Pizza01

« Reply #218 on: February 18, 2012, 08:18:18 AM »
Chau
Maybe the caputo pizza in wfo that baked in 90 min is softer then mine, but this one was the softest i ever ate. Dont forget that in israel we dont have napolitan pizza and we dont have great pizza at all. For my opinion and to my friends and family the pizza that i make is the best they ever ate.
Most of the pizza here made from local flour and the result as for softness of the crust are far from word soft.
I am sure that pizza made from caputo in higher heat can achive greater pizza.
I am going to stick on the caputo my friend.
As for the stone i dont have ir so i dont know the temp.
I preheated the stone on the 20cl which is the highest temp in my oven for 90 min then i understand the timing of the termostat of the broil, i notice that if i want the pizza to get the max heat i need to place the stone on highest oven rack this way the broil is about 7cm from the pie.
I waited to hear the click from the oven when broil start, when this happens i have one minute to red hot.
I put the pizza in the oven just when the broil is red hot!
As for the dough
100%ap caputo flour
59% mineral water
0.5% cy
0.5% sugar
2.5% sea salt
1 tea spoon olive oil
Rest five minutes
Then placing the ball in 1 minute oven that preheatd on 50cl deg for 2 hours
Then on the counter for anothe 6 hours
Thats it.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #219 on: February 18, 2012, 08:31:59 AM »
Michael, details please. 
Do you mix by hand or with a mixer?  How long do you mix?
Do you dump all the ingredients in or in stages?  When are you adding the oil in?
When do you divide and ball the dough?  Before or after it goes into the oven for warm fermentation.