Author Topic: My Bread: The Revolutionary No-Work, No-Knead Method by Jim Lahey  (Read 2360 times)

Offline lumpynose

Has anyone read My Bread: The Revolutionary No-Work, No-Knead Method by Jim Lahey?  Does it cover any new ground?  Does it have anything about making pizza?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0393066304/?tag=pizzamaking-20

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
Re: My Bread: The Revolutionary No-Work, No-Knead Method by Jim Lahey
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 11:21:35 AM »
Not really, The first 50 pages are about how he got into the business. Then there are some very basic things about yeast, flour and so on. Then it basically gets into the recipes.

Offline Dpilaitis

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »
Hi, I have read the book and think it is great.  It does have some pizza recipes in there. However, if interested you should check out his new book "My Pizza" which is awesome.  It seems like he tweaked the pizza recipes a bit from "My Bread".  I think its a great book on pizza, at least for me as a beginner.

Best,
David

Offline TXCraig1

Pizza is not bread.

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 08:53:22 PM »
I use his method as the basis for all my bread baking. I tried the pizza recipe from this book once, and didn't like it (more of a pan pizza style, which I don't particularly like). I don't know what changes he made to the recipe in My Pizza.

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Dpilaitis

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 10:25:53 PM »
Barry, check out this short video of Lahey making pizza from his new book.  In short instead of pan pizza he is cooking it on a pizza stone with a bake/ broil method.  I really enjoy it.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2012/03/video-at-home-with-jim-lahey.html

Best,
David

pizzapan