Author Topic: Focaccia with Sprouted Flour  (Read 1508 times)

Offline dmaxdmax

Focaccia with Sprouted Flour
« on: April 17, 2011, 08:15:30 PM »
Anyone who saw my thread about Reinhart's Classic dough with 25% sprouted flour can probably stop reading as the results are about the same.  I used 25% sprouted @ 100% hydration and 75% bread flour @ 80% for an overall 85%.  Oven spring was fantastic as was the flavor.  I'd have to do a side by side comparison to give details on the differences vs all bread flour and I don't make focaccia often enough.

http://www.fornobravo.com/pizzaquest/instructionals/59-written-recipes/126-focaccia-dough-recipe-genoa-style.html

I mixed a little longer than the recipe called for.

Half was topped with onion marmalade and Boursin, the other half with thinly sliced potatoes and Rosemary.  My next attempt will be with 50% sprouted flour but as I said I don't make focaccia very much.

Dave
Always make new mistakes.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Focaccia with Sprouted Flour
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 09:53:44 PM »
Anyone who saw my thread about Reinhart's Classic dough with 25% sprouted flour can probably stop reading as the results are about the same.  I used 25% sprouted @ 100% hydration and 75% bread flour @ 80% for an overall 85%.  Oven spring was fantastic as was the flavor.  I'd have to do a side by side comparison to give details on the differences vs all bread flour and I don't make focaccia often enough.

http://www.fornobravo.com/pizzaquest/instructionals/59-written-recipes/126-focaccia-dough-recipe-genoa-style.html

I mixed a little longer than the recipe called for.

Half was topped with onion marmalade and Boursin, the other half with thinly sliced potatoes and Rosemary.  My next attempt will be with 50% sprouted flour but as I said I don't make focaccia very much.

Dave

Dave,

Glad to hear you had great results with the focaccia with part sprouted flour.   :)

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

pizzapan