Author Topic: Mystery Pizza by Steve and Me at Market Yesterday  (Read 37237 times)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Mystery Pizza by Steve and Me at Market Yesterday
« Reply #300 on: June 15, 2011, 09:40:33 AM »
more pictures

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #301 on: June 15, 2011, 09:43:17 AM »
more pictures

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #302 on: June 15, 2011, 09:45:06 AM »
end of pictures

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #303 on: June 15, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
This was my next attempt to make a pizza crust mix pizza.  The things I changed in this attempt was I used 220 grams of KABF and 111.7 grams of Purasnow cake flour.  I also used dried egg white powder, instead of using part of a fresh egg.  The reason I switched the bread flour higher in the amounts of ingredients to the cake flour was the dough had felt too much like a pie crust, in my last attempt.  I also wanted to try out the dried egg whites to see what would happen.  I kept the rest of my ingredients the same.  I forgot to bring my notes home from market as to how much water I added, but think I could have added more water.  My reasoning for adding more water, was in lines with my last post of how the mixtures of ingredients want to absorb water when letting it ferment for awhile.  This dough also felt too dry.  It can be seen on the pictures the rim was too dense and dry, but where the sauce and cheese was applied the dough did rise better.  I think in my next attempt, I will add more water.  This dough was only left to ferment for one hour, before using it to make a pizza.

Pictures below

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #304 on: June 15, 2011, 11:41:51 AM »
more pictures

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #305 on: June 15, 2011, 11:43:40 AM »
end of pictures

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #306 on: June 15, 2011, 02:29:15 PM »
This was my next attempt to make a pizza crust mix pizza.  The things I changed in this attempt was I used 220 grams of KABF and 111.7 grams of Purasnow cake flour.  I also used dried egg white powder, instead of using part of a fresh egg.  The reason I switched the bread flour higher in the amounts of ingredients to the cake flour was the dough had felt too much like a pie crust, in my last attempt.  I also wanted to try out the dried egg whites to see what would happen.  I kept the rest of my ingredients the same.  I forgot to bring my notes home from market as to how much water I added, but think I could have added more water.  My reasoning for adding more water, was in lines with my last post of how the mixtures of ingredients want to absorb water when letting it ferment for awhile.  This dough also felt too dry.  It can be seen on the pictures the rim was too dense and dry, but where the sauce and cheese was applied the dough did rise better.  I think in my next attempt, I will add more water.  This dough was only left to ferment for one hour, before using it to make a pizza.

Pictures below

Norma

Was there any yeast in this batch?

CL
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #307 on: June 15, 2011, 02:44:35 PM »
Was there any yeast in this batch?

CL

Craig,

I did use a fairly high amount of IDY in combination with Clabber Girl baking powder, in the pizza crust mix I was trying.

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #308 on: June 16, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »
This post is just to show a reheated slice of the Blueberry Crust pizza.  I put the slice in the microwave and thought it was delicious.  Nice flavor, soft and tasty.  As I have posted before on this thread, I don’t normally like when slices are put into a microwave, but these reheated slices are different.  More like eating a dessert.  :)

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #309 on: June 16, 2011, 01:49:37 PM »
It's probably a pretty high fat content in the crust. It softens and moistens up nicely when reheated?

CL

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #310 on: June 16, 2011, 04:16:50 PM »
It's probably a pretty high fat content in the crust. It softens and moistens up nicely when reheated?

CL

Craig,

You reasoning why the crust was soft, because of the higher oil amount seems right.  When Peter set-forth the “goody bag” to be added to the Buttermilk Bisquick mix, the “goody bag” at Reply 63 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13686.msg137736.html#msg137736 also had more fat in some of the ingredients.

The “goody bag” seems to be working well with GM products to make pizzas.

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #311 on: June 17, 2011, 06:59:13 PM »
This post is just to update the water amount I used in the pizza crust mix at Reply http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,13686.msg143187.html#msg143187 I picked up the paper today, that I had left at market Tuesday.   I used 169 grams of water in that mix.

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #312 on: June 23, 2011, 09:49:29 AM »
This post is just to update this thread about getting a sample of shortening powder from the Food Source, Inc.  I had posted last week I had emailed Adam again to see if he was going to send me a sample of the shortening powder to try and I hadn’t received a reply.  I called the Food Source, Inc. this morning and Sue apologized for Adam not sending me the sample.  I had asked Adam in my last email about getting a sample of baker’s grade buttermilk to, but he never answered me. I talked to Sue about what kind of buttermilk powders they carried.  She said they have Buttermilk Shortening Powder Item Number: 1001402 and sent me the Specification sheet.  She told me about Buttermilk-Rich powder 1001100 and sent me the Specification Sheet for it.  I asked Sue if GM uses their products in mixes and Sue said yes, GM did.  Sue said the Food Source, Inc. is the beginning of the chain that supplies mixed ingredients to GM.  Sue said she would get me samples out today of all three products, in 1lb. bags.  In the return email Sue said if I had any other questions to just contact her.  I had the pdf. document for the specs of the 2 buttermilk products.  I also asked Sue if they carried dextrose and she said no they didn’t carry dextrose, , but said they do carry whole egg powder.  Sue said the shortening powder and the buttermilk powders will be sent from our dairy today and the whole egg powder will be shipped from their office today.

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #313 on: June 24, 2011, 10:16:49 PM »
I received the Free Flowing Dried Whole Egg sample from the Food Source, Inc. today.  I had called Clabber Girl yesterday to see if I could get some samples of the ingredients (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum sulfate, and Monocalicium phosphate) alone without them being mixed, but the lady I spoke to said she would have to check with sales or the lab and she would either email me or get back to me by phone.  I haven’t received a phone call or an email today.  I will wait until next week and get back to Clabber Girl.  I also called GCI Ingredients yesterday and all I got was Ingrid’s voice mail.  I left a message and haven’t heard back from her.  I also will call Ingrid back again next week.

Pictures of egg powder.

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #314 on: June 24, 2011, 10:28:04 PM »
I'm curious what the egg powder tastes like?

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #315 on: June 24, 2011, 11:03:41 PM »
I'm curious what the egg powder tastes like?

Craig,

I just opened the egg powder to taste and don’t know why “fumble fingers me” tipped the container of egg powder all over the kitchen table, some on my floor, chairs, red beets and small red potatoes, but the dried egg powder tastes like the yolks of cooked eggs.  I tasted about a teaspoon and at first it was really dry in my mouth,  but then melted.  It does taste like eggs. 

Picture of my mess!  Isn’t it crazy what we will do to be able to make pizza?  Now to clean up the rest of the mess.  At least I got my eggs for today, or guess I did.  :-D

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #316 on: June 24, 2011, 11:27:47 PM »
Isn’t it crazy what we will do to be able to make pizza?

I'm sure it seems that way to those on the oustide, but we know why we do it.

CL

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #317 on: June 27, 2011, 06:04:33 PM »
I'm sure it seems that way to those on the oustide, but we know why we do it.

CL

Craig,

You are right, only we know why we do all this stuff for pizza!  :-D  At least it's fun to experiment and find out what happens.

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #318 on: June 27, 2011, 06:08:16 PM »
I received the samples of Sweet Cream Buttermilk, Buttermilk Shortening, and Shortening Powder from Bluegrass Dairy and Food today.  I guess that is the Dairy that Sue said the ingredients would be sent from.  I still am not sure if these are the kinds of ingredients GM might be using in their mixes.

Picture of ingredients

Norma

Offline texmex

« Reply #319 on: June 28, 2011, 01:57:15 PM »
Norma, those little piggies made me LOL.   :D
Reesa