Author Topic: Pupatella - Arlington VA  (Read 6862 times)

Offline pizzablogger

Re: Pupatella - Arlington VA
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2012, 03:29:20 PM »
 :)
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2012, 05:37:33 AM »
I'd like to see video of 300 pizza/hour.  Even with 3 elite pizzaioli, I can't imagine that is possible.  Even if the team was fast enough for that the oven would never recover.  The oven floor would get very "cold".  Hey, but if I'm wrong I'd love to see that!
You would need a 1 hour video...

Anyway, you cannot imagine it but it happen everyday in Naples at Da Michele (130cm) and now at Franco Manca's Brixton (500 pizze in  2 hours a 120cm oven- Saturdays, now they do 700 with 2 ovens), and Franco Manca's Westfield Stratford City.

A great Oven and a Good Fornaio are essential for not getting the oven floor cold. For a 300 pizze an hour you need at least 4 people working at the pizza station, 2 on the bancone (one making the disk the other dressing) and 2 on the oven (one only putting the pizza in and the other cooking/rotating and pulling them out as well as managing the fire). Anyway do not get too hang up on this number as you are unlickly to see too many skilled team being able to do it, the oven can deliver it if needed, but 180/200 should be a good enough output (how many pizzeria out there have 200 seats?)

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2012, 05:52:25 AM »
Marco, with Franco Manca or any high volume pizzeria using a Neapolitan oven, what would you say is the maximum amount of heat loss (approx range in degrees) on the floor during the peak hours where the oven floor does not get any rest at all to recuperate?

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2012, 06:57:13 AM »
Marco, with Franco Manca or any high volume pizzeria using a Neapolitan oven, what would you say is the maximum amount of heat loss (approx range in degrees) on the floor during the peak hours where the oven floor does not get any rest at all to recuperate?

I do not know as I have never measured it and it is too dependable on many things, including fire management and Fornaio skills. It has also been a while since I have last personally worked at an oven, but they way I was managing the fire and floor, the actual temperature variance could not have been a lot as the pizza were still cooking underneath. With a cold floor the pizza stay almost white or max some light yellow spots. This also happen when the floor is new or the oven still in his first months of operations.

Ciao