Author Topic: New Volume and Weight Scale  (Read 850 times)

Offline BTB

New Volume and Weight Scale
« on: May 14, 2011, 06:32:02 PM »
A number of pizzamakers still prefer utilizing volume measurements instead of weights and often inquire about conversion formulations for various sizes and types of dough mixtures.  Many of us who prefer weight measurements sometimes get a little frustrated at the repeated inquiries that seem to be similar or the same time after time.  I know that comes with the territory, but here may be a solution for some pizzamakers.

In the King Arthur Flour baker's catalogue that I just received in the mail, I for the first time saw a very unique type of digital scale that supposedly works for volume measurements as well as weights.  It is simply called the digital volume/weight scale and its description reads:

"Our test bakers teamed up with Escali to create this unique measuring tool.  Scale shows volume measurement (cup, tablespoons, etc.) of hundreds of pre-programmed ingredients, as well as weight in ounces and grams."  Item #4337 (http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/escali-pana-volume-and-weight-scale). 

I have no experience with it, of course, but it could be a great tool for even those who prefer volume measurements.  Am uncertain how it would account for the weight (in converting to cups) of various different types of flour, but it sounds interesting and for volume enthusiasts may be  . . .  a good thing.

--BTB         :D

buceriasdon

Re: New Volume and Weight Scale
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 07:29:42 PM »
I will give up my scale when they pry my cold dead fingers from it................. ;D

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
Re: New Volume and Weight Scale
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 07:46:17 PM »
This is the scale I own, and my wife uses the volume measuring with great success. There is a list of ingredients with codes. You type in the code and weigh the item, and the scale makes the
neccessary adjustments for variation in volume.

John

pizzapan