Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 320 times)

Offline Dave42

Hello everyone!
« on: May 15, 2011, 06:59:20 PM »
Hello,

I came across this forum community while searching for information on Neo pizza dough recipes, DIY WFOs, Weber based ovens, and other similar topics. Having already spent 6-8 hours immersed reading various threads it was clear I should join up and register. I am very impressed with the quality of information and the ample friendly pizza expertise engaged in your discussions.

I am working on getting started with a Weber (or similar) based oven, making dough, and cooking my own pizzas primarily for personal use; but I have been toying with starting up a pizza joint and recently attended my first Pizza Expo 2011 in LV to do a little homework on this potential venture.    I live in Southern California.

Dave

Offline tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 11:30:18 PM »
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum.  I also live in So. Cal. (Orange County).  We don't have a lot of great pizza down here. Are you in L.A.?  If so, you have Mozza, which is amazing. 

The forums contain a wealth of information. Interesting threads include "How to Get the Water Out"
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,11994.0.html
which devolved into a discussion by Brian Spangler of Apizza Scholls in Portland, OR about how he makes his dough.  That's some pretty amazing information right there. 

Regards,

Tin Roof

pizzapan