Author Topic: Greetings from soggy Seattle, WA  (Read 382 times)

Offline GeekFeeder

• Feeding The Geek
Greetings from soggy Seattle, WA
« on: May 15, 2011, 05:06:08 PM »
Greetings one and all from the rainy Pacific Northwest of the US.

My name is Jason. I grew up outside New York City, and as a result I am required to consider NY-style pizza as superior to everything else. Nonetheless, I actually like just about every kind of pizza there is, from the cracker-thin St. Louis style to NY Sicillian, from WF Romana to Chicago "Is that a casserole or is that a pizza" deep dish.

I've been making pizza at home for my family for the past couple of years, staying pretty close to a traditional thin crust pizza. My search for ways to improve my results led here, as did my search for a way to make the sicillian pizza of my childhood, the kind where I fought my brother and sister to get the corner piece because it had that much more heel.

I blog about (among other things) cooking as "FeedingTheGeek" over at Tumblr.

Offline tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
Re: Greetings from soggy Seattle, WA
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 11:20:20 PM »
Hi Jason. Welcome. It is true that NYC has the most amazing pizza overall, although New Haven does have its bright stars.  I live in Orange County, CA, where there is essentially very little good pizza to be had, other than at my house and a couple of other places. 

You will enjoy rooting around the forums for information. It's a bit tough to figure out what to look at but it's all here if you can find it. 

Love your icon.  I will check out your blog.

Regards,

Tin Roof

pizzapan