Author Topic: New Pizza Inn Fast Casual Concept--Pie Five Pizza Co.  (Read 2109 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
New Pizza Inn Fast Casual Concept--Pie Five Pizza Co.
« on: June 04, 2011, 01:02:45 PM »
Pizza Inn is introducing a fast casual pizza concept with a new company called Pie Five Pizza Co.: http://www.restaurantnews.com/pizza-inn-launches-fast-casual-concept-pie-five-pizza-co/. For a menu and other details, see http://www.piefivepizza.com/try_us.html.

Peter

Offline Pizzamaster

Re: New Pizza Inn Fast Casual Concept--Pie Five Pizza Co.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 12:04:05 AM »
Haven't seen a Pizza Inn in years. I freeaking hate the term fast casual. It's fast food lol.

Offline aawshads

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 03:04:04 PM »
I actually helped develop this concept, and it has been very well received thus far.  It is very different pizza concept from anything out there, I think it has a bright future.   

Offline Tman1

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
There's not much on the website to discuss their methods, but we have a place here in Minnesota that is doing something very similar for a couple of years. They do make pretty good pizza.  Order your pizza like you want it, and they bring it out to you in less than 5 minutes.

http://solospizza.com/#Home

Offline garyd

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 04:27:43 AM »
Nothing really new about this concept. There was a couple of attempts here in Denver in the 70's and 80's. Now there is a place that is almost identical to Pie Five called My Pie.

Offline aawshads

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 11:17:39 AM »
Do you have a link to "My Pie"?  I can't find anything about it on the net and would love to see any information on it.

There are about 5 similar concepts that have sprung up in the last 2 years, what differentiates these from the 70's and 80's is the technological advances of the ovens that allow pizza to be cooked in less than 3 minutes. 

Nothing really new about this concept. There was a couple of attempts here in Denver in the 70's and 80's. Now there is a place that is almost identical to Pie Five called My Pie.

Offline garyd

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 05:13:22 AM »
Do you have a link to "My Pie"?  I can't find anything about it on the net and would love to see any information on it.

There are about 5 similar concepts that have sprung up in the last 2 years, what differentiates these from the 70's and 80's is the technological advances of the ovens that allow pizza to be cooked in less than 3 minutes. 

welovemypie.com