Author Topic: The Entire Pizza Making Process I use at the Garage  (Read 89966 times)

Offline David Esq.

• Making pizza since 2013
    • Eating With David
Re: The Entire Pizza Making Process I use at the Garage
« Reply #300 on: July 17, 2015, 08:00:29 AM »
Perhaps this has been discussed before.  But, the Wizards at VPN state that the proper temperature of the cooking surface is 905 degrees and the dome 800. Craig, do you ever manage to bake a decent pie with the floor hotter than the ceiling?  Sure, maybe it's a typo. But given the need to use a spatula with beech or acacia wood handles, I think they were pretty careful when putting those rules together.

Offline parallei

« Reply #301 on: July 17, 2015, 08:12:20 AM »
Perhaps this has been discussed before. Yep But, the Wizards at VPN state that the proper temperature of the cooking surface is 905 degrees and the dome 800. Craig, do you ever manage to bake a decent pie with the floor hotter than the ceiling?  Sure, maybe it's a typo. Yep But given the need to use a spatula with beech or acacia wood handles, I think they were pretty careful when putting those rules together.

Offline David Esq.

• Eating With David
« Reply #302 on: July 17, 2015, 08:56:06 AM »
Well great. Now do I trust the beech acacia thing or can I use a different kind of handle?

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #303 on: July 17, 2015, 10:23:21 PM »
Well great. Now do I trust the beech acacia thing or can I use a different kind of handle?

You will be OK. Sooner or later the vendor will grease the VPN and your peel will be duly blessed.  :-D
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline David Esq.

• Eating With David
« Reply #304 on: July 18, 2015, 07:15:37 AM »
Whew!  But just to be clear. It's the spatula to get the dough off the tray that I am talking about. Everybody is in on the equipment game.

Offline sub

« Reply #305 on: July 18, 2015, 12:10:46 PM »
You will be OK. Sooner or later the vendor will grease the VPN and your peel will be duly blessed.  :-D

:-D   So true !

Whew!  But just to be clear. It's the spatula to get the dough off the tray that I am talking about. Everybody is in on the equipment game.

David, I've started a thread just for you.   :P

pizzapan