Author Topic: A PHILOSOPHY OF PIZZA NAPOLETANISMO!  (Read 434010 times)

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: A PHILOSOPHY OF PIZZA NAPOLETANISMO!
« Reply #2740 on: February 23, 2015, 11:19:15 AM »
Dear TXCraig1,

It is an interesting thought that the sinful nature and not the survival instinct is responsible for cheating lying and fighting. I wished we could set up an experiment:
A person where all his or her wishes are fulfilled. Fulfilled materially and morally, except with regards to the behavior of other beings. Under what circumstances such a person would lie, cheat or fight others?
Perhaps we can make a thought experiment...
Best regards
Korinthos

It not the question of are the wished fulfilled that is relevant but rather what are the wishes of the person.
Pizza is not bread. Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Korinthos

• I grow old always learning many things - Solon
« Reply #2741 on: February 23, 2015, 07:47:19 PM »
It not the question of are the wished fulfilled that is relevant but rather what are the wishes of the person.

The interesting issue is whether someone would resort to lies, cheating, fighting etc if he needs not to fight for survival and moreover if his wishes are fulfilled. I believe it is the priviledge of Gods not to fight for survival and to have all their wishes fulfilled. As long as there is no further longing for anything, there cannot exist an urge to cheat or lie to someone, except out of boredom. A materially and morally fulfilled entity has no reason to resort to stealing, murdering, lying or fighting for property or person.
Best regards
Korinţhos

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2742 on: February 23, 2015, 08:12:47 PM »
As long as there is no further longing for anything,

It's man's sinful nature that drives the longing. If we had no sin, we would long for nothing.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #2743 on: February 23, 2015, 09:32:53 PM »
It is impossible to fulfill the never ending wishes of the sin nature or man's ego.  It's a never ending well. 

Offline Korinthos

« Reply #2744 on: February 24, 2015, 03:38:47 AM »
It's man's sinful nature that drives the longing. If we had no sin, we would long for nothing.

The longing is driven by unfulfilled needs or wishes, whether or not originating from a "sinful" nature. If they are fulfilled, then there is no more longing. At the point of fulfillment man becomes impervious to lying, cheating and antisocial behavior. There is no need for the latter,  as, literally, there is no need to have what he already has.

Offline Korinthos

« Reply #2745 on: February 24, 2015, 03:44:00 AM »
It is impossible to fulfill the never ending wishes of the sin nature or man's ego.  It's a never ending well. 

Perhaps this is not too bad after all. Wishes give meaning to life. With lack of wishes what life can we expect to live? Or, why to live it?

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2746 on: February 24, 2015, 09:40:43 AM »
The longing is driven by unfulfilled needs or wishes, whether or not originating from a "sinful" nature. If they are fulfilled, then there is no more longing. At the point of fulfillment man becomes impervious to lying, cheating and antisocial behavior. There is no need for the latter,  as, literally, there is no need to have what he already has.

For the man who will lie and/or cheat, there will never be fulfillment. There will always be longing for something else.

Offline Korinthos

« Reply #2747 on: February 24, 2015, 11:24:04 AM »
For the man who will lie and/or cheat, there will never be fulfillment. There will always be longing for something else.
In his case, there is probably something intrinsically wrong with this man leading to lying and cheating. Having fulfilled all needs and wishes, insisting on antisocial behavior is rather some kind of derangement or illness and surely not a voluntary condition.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2748 on: February 24, 2015, 11:37:13 AM »
In his case, there is probably something intrinsically wrong with this man leading to lying and cheating. Having fulfilled all needs and wishes, insisting on antisocial behavior is rather some kind of derangement or illness and surely not a voluntary condition.

I disagree. I think any man who will resort to lying and cheating to get what he wants will never be satisfied with what he has. Even if a man who lies and cheats can be satisfied, the lying and cheating employed to fill his wishes is every bit as intrinsically wrong as any lying and cheating thereafter.

Offline Korinthos

« Reply #2749 on: February 24, 2015, 05:35:57 PM »
I disagree. I think any man who will resort to lying and cheating to get what he wants will never be satisfied with what he has. Even if a man who lies and cheats can be satisfied, the lying and cheating employed to fill his wishes is every bit as intrinsically wrong as any lying and cheating thereafter.

We are taking off on different tangents, not writing about the same thing. Perhaps we need a break to reflect and continue at a later time.

Offline chefjh

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2750 on: March 01, 2015, 08:36:02 PM »
Omid
thanks for all the information I have a wfo the naploi pizza what I cook.
chefjh san diego

Offline Neopolitan

• Pizza, Pasta Birra e Basta!
« Reply #2751 on: March 02, 2015, 06:05:41 PM »
Neapolitan (from Amsterdam), sorry for catching up on the thread so late (S! Omid), but you should alter the design a little.  You show the center 5 bricks to be flat to the floor.  That will make the integrity of the oven reliant upon the cladding.  You should continue the arch, no matter how small an increment.

There is a smal increment, sadly the camera on the iPad does distort the True lines of the design.
I Did try to make the top of the dome as flat as possible since this seems to be tipical in the Design of the traditional Neapolitan ovens.
It was even pointed Out by Marco Parente on this forum.

But Yes I do wonder If it would colapse!
At the moment I am not planning to build It since I have no room in my appartement nor A save chimeny.

But I Will look for advice when this situation might change for the better!

regards,

Case.

Offline totally_baked

• Time is the answer.
« Reply #2752 on: April 04, 2015, 05:42:16 PM »
John, I definitely agree.   im no tom lehmann, but the dough I most often use is a 20 hour room temp, or 1 week in the fridge fermentation using tiny amounts of yeast.   I have done a bunch of tests over the years using a 20min-2hour autolyse with the salt and yeast, or without the salt and yeast, and for these very low yeast doughs I can't tell any difference between the two. 

P.S I know someone who paid Tom to do a consult, and at least back then he wasn't recommending the use of an autolyse. 

Hey Scott. Just curious, what temperature do you like to finish your mix at (DDT?) in order to control fermentation for a week?  Also, it it safe to assume that your fridge is at or below 40F degrees?  Thanks!

pizzapan