Author Topic: A PHILOSOPHY OF PIZZA NAPOLETANISMO!  (Read 691331 times)

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: A PHILOSOPHY OF PIZZA NAPOLETANISMO!
« Reply #3050 on: Today at 10:24:33 AM »
The only complaint that I can do is that if you make a Neapolitan pizza .... you can not remove  Italian ingredients. It is a contradiction.

But adding fat to your dough isn't?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #3051 on: Today at 10:34:46 AM »
Fat is an old ingredient. In all italian ancient recipes is used... all italian regions , north and south. In modena is used for Gnocco, Tigella, in Romagna for piadina.... in campania for pizza.

Take a reasoning. When in the 80s were make the disciplinary of the Neapolitan Pizza .... Is possibile for you that the true Neapolitan pizzamakers have given us their original recipe so that everyone in the world could do it?

I have Neapolitans parents and I assure you that the pizza in Naples is completely different from what you eat the rest of the world. You trust even the disciplinary?
I had to spend a week in Naples  to ask .... and to speak to all the pizzamakers friends to figure out how to make it better. And I understand that the Neapolitan is a  pizza that we must learn to do. Then after that the important thing is to create your own pizza
« Last Edit: Today at 10:51:16 AM by Antilife »

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #3052 on: Today at 11:13:06 AM »
Fat is an old ingredient. In all italian ancient recipes is used... all italian regions , north and south. In modena is used for Gnocco, Tigella, in Romagna for piadina.... in campania for pizza.

Take a reasoning. When in the 80s were make the disciplinary of the Neapolitan Pizza .... Is possibile for you that the true Neapolitan pizzamakers have given us their original recipe so that everyone in the world could do it?

Maybe it was/is used in pizza in Naples, maybe not. I don't know, but that's not the point. Clearly it isn't a secret which makes me wonder why it's not in the disciplinary?

You trust even the disciplinary?

When it comes to pizza, I don't trust anything I haven't seen with my own eyes and touched with my own hands. I'm just questioning an apparent disconnect.

I'd also point out that this:

Then after that the important thing is to create your own pizza

is a direct contradiction to this:

you can not remove  Italian ingredients. It is a contradiction.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Antilife

• Pizza ..... or Bakery?
« Reply #3053 on: Today at 11:20:43 AM »
Maybe it was/is used in pizza in Naples, maybe not. I don't know, but that's not the point. Clearly it isn't a secret which makes me wonder why it's not in the disciplinary?

When it comes to pizza, I don't trust anything I haven't seen with my own eyes and touched with my own hands. I'm just questioning an apparent disconnect.

I'd also point out that this:

is a direct contradiction to this:

you can not remove  Italian ingredients. It is a contradiction.

Cicca/Antilife 's pizza is completly different from Neapolitan Pizza...... completly!  is not a contradiction.... A baker can be a Pizzamaker ,not viceversa