Pies this week:
- cheese (dry WM mozz) with Calabrian chilies and oil
- buffalo mozz, fennel sausage, dried cranberries rehydrated in Armagnac, dried chilis, and a drizzle of local wildflower honey and fresh basil post bake. – this pie was REALLY good.
- the same roasted onion pie as last week but with some prosciutto under the onions – this pie was really good too, but I think next time, with the intense salt of the prosciutto, I won’t salt the onions before I roast them.
- buffalo mozz, with white truffle oil and prosciutto post bake. Not as good as the same pie with ricotta instead of mozz, but I’ve given up looking for a ricotta that will melt smooth.
- same prosciutto and salad pie as last week
- oyster pie made the same way as the clam pie I posted recently. It was OK, but nothing compared to the clam pie. The biggest problems were 1) the oyster juice is nowhere near as salty as the clam juice. The pie needs that salty brine. And 2) oysters have a LOT more water in them than clams.
- Parm, bacon, EVOO, and fresh basil post bake.