Author Topic: concrete dome vs. firebrick  (Read 587 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Re: concrete dome vs. firebrick
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 12:01:28 AM »
How do you decide to go into the pizza business and not know what kind of pizza you want to make? What is your passion? What kind of pizza is going to keep you excited about going to work every day in the face of the countless headaches and never ending problems?

Maybe this will help:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 12:06:14 AM by TXCraig1 »
Pizza is not bread.

Online shuboyje

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 12:08:00 AM »
My personal experience in San Fran a few years ago was that there is much more interest in the 2-3 minute pizza there then anywhere else I have been.  I just so happened to be there a week UPN was closed for vacation, and my group waited 3 hours at Tony's for a table and when we STILL didn't get one they couldn't wait any longer.  After those two places all the popular big name places seemed to be 2+ bakes.  I finally found Cupola in the mall of all places and had some really good Neapolitan pizza with very little fan fare. 

Not sure where this fits this conversation, but just feel it does. 
-Jeff

Offline Gianni5

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 12:30:54 AM »
You actually pretty much nailed it. There are a few places doing real np pizzas but the vast majority are 2 to 3 minute pizzas.  Also pretty much all of those places use valoriani ovens cause that's what they're made for.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 12:31:53 AM »
You actually pretty much nailed it. There are a few places doing real np pizzas but the vast majority are 2 to 3 minute pizzas.  Also pretty much all of those places use valoriani ovens cause that's what they're made for.

Or maybe they do 2-3 minutes because they use Valoriani ovens...
Pizza is not bread.

Offline csafranek

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 12:44:57 AM »
Or maybe they do 2-3 minutes because they use Valoriani ovens...

:-D

Offline makin moves

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2014, 08:37:35 AM »
I have the 120 model and love it. I mostly do 2-3 min pies but when I do events it does 90 second pies no problem. It does have a higher dome then most 90 sec. neo ovens/ wfo . I dont have any problems with a good flame rolling over the top of the dome to cook a pizza, however good wood is everything in oven management. My day to day pizza I keep the deck between 725-775 because Iam not as busy and have down time between customers. I run my oven 5-6 days a week 12 hours a day so doing 2-3 min bake times opposed to 90 sec bake time can and will save you alot of wood/money. When doing events my deck is 800-900 and 90 sec pies are no issue.  This is where more wood than other ovens may play in. Don't know first hand because I have not used any other wfo. I would asume that it takes more wood or at least longer pieces of wood to maintain a good rolling fire over the dome.This is the same depending on size of oven regardless of brand. Also 99% of the customers don't know the difference in a 90 sec pie vs a 2-3 min. pie as long as it tasty :) After about 12 hours with no fire the oven it drops down to about 500 degrees. Around 24 hrs its still between 250-300. So I would say it has pretty good heat retention. I use my oven mostly for pizza but enjoy doing wings, sausage and peppers, casaroles and so on. This is where the higher dome is nice. I built my oven and have had it running for just over a year now and honestly I dont have any regrets on my purchase. I see alot of Ford vs Chevy type of talk on this fourm as well as a boat fourm Iam on. Best thing to do If you can is go see the different ovens your intrested in. People are passonate about there choice and will be more than happy to let you take a test ride aka ( cook a pizza) ;D If you have any question fire away. please forgive all my grammer and spelling mess ups :P 

Offline JEP

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2014, 03:33:23 PM »
Thanks makin moves.  I think you covered just about everything I was interested in finding out about this oven.  Btw your pizza and truck look great. 

Offline stonecutter

• Old World Stone & Garden
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2014, 04:05:30 PM »
How do you decide to go into the pizza business and not know what kind of pizza you want to make? What is your passion? What kind of pizza is going to keep you excited about going to work every day in the face of the countless headaches and never ending problems?

Maybe this will help:

Hey, the happy guy shaved off 30 secs since you posted that chart last year.

http://oldworldstoneandgarden.com/

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2014, 04:11:52 PM »
I adapted it specifically for NP.  ;D
Pizza is not bread.

pizzapan