Author Topic: HELP - I need emergency focaccia for tonight  (Read 2115 times)

Offline dmaxdmax

HELP - I need emergency focaccia for tonight
« on: August 05, 2011, 08:59:59 AM »
We have friends coming in from out of town (probably).  If I want to make my standard 24-48 hour dough can I speed it up by just leaving it out on the counter until it doubles then stick it in the fridge until I need it? 

If the flavor is 80% of normal I can baffle them with toppings :D

Now that I think of it, the texture is more important to me than the flavor.  It's the texture I frequently find disappointing when I get focaccia out.  It's either dense and leaden or really puffy.

Thanks!
Dave
Always make new mistakes.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: HELP - I need emergency focaccia for tonight
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 10:24:32 AM »
We have friends coming in from out of town (probably).  If I want to make my standard 24-48 hour dough can I speed it up by just leaving it out on the counter until it doubles then stick it in the fridge until I need it? 

If the flavor is 80% of normal I can baffle them with toppings :D

Now that I think of it, the texture is more important to me than the flavor.  It's the texture I frequently find disappointing when I get focaccia out.  It's either dense and leaden or really puffy.

Thanks!
Dave

Dave,

I donít know if you want to look at or try out Andreís ( andreguidon)
formula for No Knead Focaccia, but I tried it out and really liked it.  I would think you could up the amount of IDY and let it sit out to ferment and it would be ready to be used today.  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,8963.0.html

You probably could use your standard dough and add more yeast and let it sit at room temperature.  If the dough seems to be fermenting too fast, it could always be put into the refrigerator, to slow down the fermentation, until it is ready to be used. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

pizzapan