I read and read and read through the forum and found this recipe for my first attempt at a home bake. I followed the instructions and everything turned out well. After I made the dough in my very old GE stand mixer I put it into the oven on warm. The temp was about 115 which is the lowest it would go. After 45 min I pulled it out and left on the counter and posted a question as to whether leave it to cool or put into the refrigerator immediately. Eventually I just put it into the fridge. Now I've read about putting the dough into an oiled bag. The next day I pulled it out an hour before bake and turned the oven to 485. The dough was still very cool when I went to assemble and I dont think I waited long enough or let it rest during the stretch process but I made it to about 14" on a 16" pan.
Made a simple sauce with 1 can paste 1 can warm water oregano fresh dried garden basil salt black pepper. Boars Head Mozzarella grated in my processor sweet Italian bulk caramelized onions bell pepper black forest ham and bacon
Baked for 16 minutes turned around in the oven at 10 minutes.
Does the dough need to go into the fridge right after proof when still warm or does it need to cool a little?
Any thoughts suggestions on how to to better will be greatly appreciated.http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=11031.0
13.05 oz King Author Bread Flour
0.55 oz Sugar
0.2 oz Kosher Salt
0.05 oz Active Dry Yeast
0.95 oz Vegetable Oil
7.57 oz Warm water (110 Degrees)
1. Add Flour, Salt, Yeast, and Sugar to Mixing Bowl first.
2. Then add oil and water.
3. Mix for 6 minutes at speed 2 with dough hook.
4. Remove dough and hand kneed until smooth – about a minute
5. Shape into dough ball, lightly oil surface, and place in covered bowel
6. Proof dough at 100 degrees in oven for 1 hour – dough ball will look somewhat flattened and larger in size
7. Place in fridge over night (8 hours)
8. Remove dough from fridge 1 Hour before making pies
9. Toss pizza for 14” or 16” Pizza Screen
10. Add toppings of choice and bake on lowest rack at 485 degrees for 13-14 minutes or until golden brown (Oven temps vary for everyone adjust rack and temp as needed)
Makes one 14” or thinner crust 16” pie