Author Topic: Bella's Gourmet Pizza, Pasadena, C.A.  (Read 458 times)

Online Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
Bella's Gourmet Pizza, Pasadena, C.A.
« on: July 23, 2013, 11:55:17 PM »
After reading "Yelp" reviews on this place for a while, and wanting to have some what of a representation of what a Detroit Style Pizza might be. I made It a point to get into this place and eat before trying out my own DSP. Before I relieve myself on this style of pie at this place, there is something that I definitely want to make clear. After speaking to the manager of this place (not the owner), and the employees, I want to make clear that I can't say for sure what they are chasing, or representing here is, or can be called a DSP. None manager, or employees, knew, or have ever heard of a Detroit Style Pizza before, and from what pics you see below, can accurately determine if this style of pie is something that they may or may not be being trying to recreate. With that said, the crust tasted of not so good oil soaked, heavy bread, with cheap cheese, and tomato paste spread. The edges were not crusted with cheese although not sure if they meant to be, and both me and a good friend both left most of our 4$ something slices on the plate. The good news! There thin crust was good enough and gobbled up before I was able to snap a pic, it definitely saved the day. Would I eat here again?....not before I try a slice of Brothers Pie's & Fries. And definitely not for the DD.

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
Re: Bella's Gourmet Pizza, Pasadena, C.A.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 12:35:41 AM »
Thanks for the review Markus. I'm not sure that "Detroit Style" has quite broken through in LA as a type of pizza.  At least not for anyone other than us obsessed pizzaphiles. 

Love reading your reviews and looking forward to hearing about "Brothers Pies and Fries". The name, at least, is propitious!

Best regards,

TinRoof (your neighbor to the south in the OC)

Online Markus M.

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Bella's Gourmet Pizza, Pasadena, C.A.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 02:47:34 AM »
Tinroofrusted,

Im almost as excited to chow at BP&F as I am to see post of yours and others any where on this site. My NY, and NP pies dont come close to what you and others are doing. And your right, the name they happen to be using gives me great anticipation.