Author Topic: Mary Ann's Mish Mosh Pizza Thread  (Read 5593 times)

Offline JohnnyQuest

Re: Mary Ann's Mish Mosh Pizza Thread
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2015, 09:08:56 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Mary Ann, very similar except I'm more of a Texas Pete fan (my wife likes Frank's better). 

I also like to add green clippings from scallions as a finishing touch after it come out of the oven. Adds a little flavor and an even better visual.

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2015, 09:19:16 AM »
On Thursday, I made two Nearlypolitans.  One didn't come out so well, but the other didn't look that bad, so here it is with BelGioioso Fresh mozzarella and sliced black olives.  I moved the steel closer to the broiler and got better browning than previous attempts.
Mary Ann

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2015, 09:29:10 AM »
Last night, I made 1 cheese pie for the little ones and 1 Chicago Deep Dish with pepperoni for the big ones.  I used Pythonic's (Nate) recipe in this link http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=30152.msg362807#msg362807  The only things I would change next time I make a DD to make it thicker by making the cheese slices thicker and use some sausage meat in addition to the pepperoni.  But how do you do that without it being so salty?  I purposely did not add salt to my sauce because the cheese and pepperoni are salty enough...

Anyway, it was damn good!  Now I need to go run 37 miles to burn off all the calories from the pizza I ate and wine I drank last night  :-D

Mary Ann

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2015, 09:31:25 AM »
they all look great
Deb

Offline carl333

• Quest for a great dough!
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2015, 11:10:48 AM »
they all look great

^^^ I agree, great looking pies!
Carl

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2015, 09:18:38 PM »
Yes, great!
So for the NRLP. what was your flour?  Is this an 00, or did you go with an AP (or????)  To get those quick NP-like times and charring in a home oven, did you have the broiler on for the entire bake as well as working closer to the flame, as you noted?

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2015, 09:32:30 PM »
On Thursday, I made two Nearlypolitans.  One didn't come out so well, but the other didn't look that bad, so here it is with BelGioioso Fresh mozzarella and sliced black olives.  I moved the steel closer to the broiler and got better browning than previous attempts.

I'm impressed. What sort of oven do you have?
Pizza is not bread. Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2015, 03:11:33 AM »
Yes, great!
So for the NRLP. what was your flour?  Is this an 00, or did you go with an AP (or????)  To get those quick NP-like times and charring in a home oven, did you have the broiler on for the entire bake as well as working closer to the flame, as you noted?

Bill,

I used KAAP flour and I did have the broiler on for the entire bake, approximately 2 minutes.
Mary Ann

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2015, 03:12:42 AM »
Mary Ann

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2015, 08:34:23 AM »
Nice! 2 Minutes! Fast...amazing for a home oven!

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2015, 08:36:49 AM »
By the way, that emoji a couple of posts back wasn't meant to be there..That was just supposed to be question marks. This one is meant to be here  :)

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2015, 09:00:23 AM »
Thank you, Craig.  This is my oven http://www.thermador.com/cooking/ovens/podc302j-30-inch-professional-series-double-oven

I was guessing something like that to have a broiler that can pull off a nearlypolitan. Nice job!

I can only think of two other people to get that close to NP in their home oven without modifications.

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2015, 09:10:04 AM »
I was guessing something like that to have a broiler that can pull off a nearlypolitan. Nice job!

I can only think of two other people to get that close to NP in their home oven without modifications.

Thank you!  Now if I can get my cornicione shaping down for Nearlypolitan, I'll be one step closer.  Any suggestions?  I've searched YouTube and couldn't find any specific videos that seemed to help me.
Mary Ann

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2015, 09:16:47 AM »
What don't you like about it? lease post a picture of a pie that has a picture of your ideal cornicione.

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2015, 09:30:05 AM »
What don't you like about it? lease post a picture of a pie that has a picture of your ideal cornicione.

Um, any of yours?! http://www.lindbergs.us

I just don't think it gets puffy enough.  Maybe it's the difference in temperature/oven spring?   :)

Maybe I'm being too critical of myself...
Mary Ann

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2015, 09:36:29 AM »
Last night, I made 1 cheese pie for the little ones and 1 Chicago Deep Dish with pepperoni for the big ones.  I used Pythonic's (Nate) recipe in this link http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=30152.msg362807#msg362807
Mary Ann,

You have been going like a ball of fire lately with all of your different pizzas :-D.

Were you happy with the dough formulation you used (as referenced above) or do you think it needs some improvement from your perspective as one who only recently started to make Chicago deep-dish pizzas?

Peter

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2015, 09:55:11 AM »
Mary Ann,

You have been going like a ball of fire lately with all of your different pizzas :-D.

Were you happy with the dough formulation you used (as referenced above) or do you think it needs some improvement from your perspective as one who only recently started to make Chicago deep-dish pizzas?

Peter

Haha, Peter.  I can't help myself.  When I get a bug to do something until I get it right, there's no stopping me.  My husband thinks I'm a fruit loop  :-D. But I don't hear his belly complaining  ;D

Anyway, I do like the recipe but I don't feel that I have the right to criticize it or change it because the only time I had DD professionally made was about 20 years ago and honestly can't remember the qualities of the pizza/crust. I will continue using this recipe and maybe try the PDF that member Garvey posted for me to read through soon.
Mary Ann

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2015, 09:20:21 PM »
Mary Ann.... You have such great intuition as to how to make the changes needed to make different styles of pies. What a pro you are!! We never get tired of seeing the great pizzas coming out of your kitchen! We are lucky to have you!!
Bob

Offline mbrulato

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2015, 09:27:24 PM »
Mary Ann.... You have such great intuition as to how to make the changes needed to make different styles of pies. What a pro you are!! We never get tired of seeing the great pizzas coming out of your kitchen! We are lucky to have you!!

Aw, you're so sweet to say that Cap'n!  Thank you  ;)
Mary Ann

Offline Rinoxxx

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2015, 12:04:23 AM »
All your pies look amazing Mary Ann !! :drool:
Sam