Author Topic: Beer  (Read 6618 times)

Offline arlo_54

Re: Beer
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2005, 01:07:02 PM »
Sierra Nevada Pale is the first that comes to mind. Also Dog Fish Head 60 minute IPA is becoming a favorite, but it's a bit heavy so you can't drink too many.

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 12:59:12 PM »
Black Hook XX  - Red Hook Brewery

Offline Irish Jimmy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 03:46:14 PM »
I really like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, thats what got me into India Pale Ale its from a small brewery in Michigan where you can have a pint and a bowl of chili and actually watch them brewing beer. As for Guiness, my favorite beer of all time, I cant believe that they would send it over dehydrated to save cost and also ship the water over too it wouldnt save any cost.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 04:28:03 PM »
Jimmy, sorry for the confusion. I was told that they add in water from over here in the US once it gets to the canning facility.  There would obviously be no savings if they shipped over Irish water!

Again, I don't know how much truth to this there really is, I guess these guys could have been pulling my leg.  One thing is for sure, the Guiness tasted much better to me over there than any I have had here in the States.

Offline Irish Jimmy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 05:05:46 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I know what you mean though, Jagermeister tastes a hundred times better in Germany. And thank God Im finally getting to Ireland in May.

Online AKSteve

• Lifetime Member
  • We are all made from the same dough.
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 07:04:41 PM »
NewCastle Brown Ale. Really strong & really good. And, just for fun, I just put some in a pizza dough for the 2nd time ever, substituting it for one cup of water. Last time, it made my crust really thick and airy. I also added some Bob's Red Mill Vital Wheat Gluten Flour to the mix as well, so my pizza should come out completely different than usual.

I saw Sam Adams came out with a new specialty beer, Imperial Pilsner. It's supposed to be really strong & hoppy, but I haven't been able to find any yet.

Steve

Offline dkipta

• 65 Econoline
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2005, 08:40:54 AM »
Ooh!  so many choices.  I am a home brewer also (all grain).  I have a distinct fondness for Scottch Ales.  Has anyone tried Three Floyds Robert the Bruce?

Offline evilal

• Mmmm... pizza
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007, 02:48:37 PM »
Chiguy, I think the Guinness does really taste much better over there.  I noticed it on the first sip. 

An Irish friend of mine claims that they actually dehydrate the Guinness that is shipped to America so that it is cheaper to transport.  The water is then added back into the semi solid Guinness paste once it gets to America.

There are *lots* of these types of stories, all of them urban myths. Guinness is brewed all over the place and is rarely transported any great distance. The stuff brewed here in Dublin is only sold here. In the Guinness factory tour here in Ireland they have a big map with all the breweries on it... close to 70 different countries I think?

Alex