Author Topic: The Mystery Dough Pizza for Tomorrow  (Read 29922 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: The Mystery Dough Pizza for Tomorrow
« Reply #340 on: March 27, 2012, 09:37:29 PM »
Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #341 on: March 27, 2012, 09:39:09 PM »
Norma

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #342 on: March 28, 2012, 11:15:14 AM »
The Sal's looks like it baked up really nice for you - good looking pie. I might have to try it for kicks and grins. I like whole wheat, but I like it sweet. Maybe a whole wheat pie with a sweet spicy topping like the Hellboy?
Pizza is not bread.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #343 on: March 28, 2012, 02:06:38 PM »
The Sal's looks like it baked up really nice for you - good looking pie. I might have to try it for kicks and grins. I like whole wheat, but I like it sweet. Maybe a whole wheat pie with a sweet spicy topping like the Hellboy?

Craig,

The Salís whole wheat pie did bake up well and tasted really good. Even Steve liked it. Maybe you can find some kind of frozen whole wheat dough, or are you going to make your own whole wheat dough?  I would really be interested if you tried your own whole wheat dough.  I havenít even been able to make a decent whole wheat dough.  A whole wheat pie with a sweet spicy topping like Hellboy sounds great to me!  ;D Looking forward to your experiments if you decide to give it a try.  :)

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #344 on: August 08, 2012, 09:22:03 PM »
These are the pictures of the mystery dough pie I tried to make at market yesterday.  The whole experiment went terribly wrong.  :-[  Since I usually post pictures of experiments even when they go wrong, this one isnít any different.  From the time I mixed this dough until I wanted to make the final pizza was supposed to be an hour, instead of 5-10 minutes that was recommend.  The total time until I could make this pizza was over 3 hrs.  That was too long to ferment the dough at high room temperatures.  The dough was so over fermented that I had a hard time opening the dough.   

I also wanted to add some fresh veggies, but Steve wasnít too thrilled about adding fresh tomatoes, so I put all the veggies in some garlic infused herb oil to mask the tomato flavor.  After thinking about it until recently,  I think the reason this pizza looked like someone barfed on it was I didnít drain enough of the garlic infused herb oil off of the veggies enough.  :-D The garlic herb oil veggies in combination with all cheddar was too much fat for this pizza.  The resulting crumb of this pizza was also really off I think from the long fermentation time.

The only reasons why I purchased the Weis pizza crust mix was it was only .79, it had a chemical leavening system in combination with active dry yeast, dextrose was an ingredient and also had a nonfat milk product in the mix.  I thought those ingredients sounded interesting.   

I never would even try to ask anyone to guess about what this pizza might have been made from, since it turned so terribly wrong.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #345 on: August 08, 2012, 09:23:04 PM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #346 on: August 08, 2012, 09:23:36 PM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #347 on: August 08, 2012, 09:25:27 PM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #348 on: August 08, 2012, 09:27:04 PM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #349 on: August 08, 2012, 09:28:17 PM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #350 on: August 08, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Barf Pizza  :-X :-D

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #351 on: August 08, 2012, 09:30:47 PM »
Norma

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #352 on: August 08, 2012, 11:34:44 PM »
BARF!!  :-D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #353 on: August 09, 2012, 12:04:14 AM »
BARF!!  :-D

Steve,

I guess we will never forget the barf pizza.  :-D  I had to tell you something funny about it though.  Addison wanted the rest of the barf pizza and when I was leaving market he was in the back of his van eating the barf pizza.  I asked him how he could eat that.   :-X  He said he actually thought it was good.  I know I threw half of my slice away. 

Norma 

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #354 on: August 09, 2012, 06:31:26 AM »
Norma and Steve,

Don't you think that your customers and taste testers should be the ones to determine whether the "barf" pizzas should be the ones to sell at market :D? As someone once said, no one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.

Peter

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #355 on: August 09, 2012, 08:20:30 AM »
Norma and Steve,

Don't you think that your customers and taste testers should be the ones to determine whether the "barf" pizzas should be the ones to sell at market :D? As someone once said, no one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.

Peter

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, No! Not in this case at least.  Addison's a great guy and all, but he's also pretty much Norma's garbage disposal. He takes all the wrinkly, dried up slices that would normally get thrown away.  >:D :-D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #356 on: August 09, 2012, 09:19:05 AM »
Peter,

I agree with Steve on this one.  ;D :angel: Addison is a great guy, is into nature, carves all kinds of fabulous wood carvings, doesnít even own an oven, makes all kinds of stuff organic and does so many other neat things, but when it comes to pizza, he always likes them, no matter how bad they are.  Addison was the person that told me that my first pizzas at market tasted the best and still tells me that.  :o (what was the use of me doing all the experiments) He likes my experiments and Steve is also right that I do give any slices that might get thrown out to Addison.  Addison and his wife heat up any slices I give him on a pan on his stove at home. 

Now do you think Addison would be a good judge of the barf pizza?  :-D I think if I would have left out all that garlic herb infused oil the pizza wouldnít have looked like a barb pizza, but the crust still probably would have been bad.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #357 on: August 11, 2012, 09:37:46 PM »
Craig and Peter,

Today was the first time I went to the Super Walmart that sells the Pepeís dough balls in my area, since my last visit awhile ago.  There was only box of Pepeís dough balls and not many dough balls left in the box.  I dislike going to that Walmart because they never have many cashiers working and there is always a long wait until you get checked out  I see Pepeís did change the total carbohydrates per serving size on the Nutrition Facts.  8)  Also there isnít any date stamped on the front of the plastic bag that the dough ball comes in.  There are just codes on the cardboard box that holds the dough balls.

Great work to you both in finding the error in the total carbohydrates per serving size!  ;D

Norma
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 09:39:28 PM by norma427 »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #358 on: August 11, 2012, 09:39:08 PM »
Norma

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #359 on: August 11, 2012, 10:59:50 PM »
Craig and Peter,

Today was the first time I went to the Super Walmart that sells the Pepeís dough balls in my area, since my last visit awhile ago.  There was only box of Pepeís dough balls and not many dough balls left in the box.  I dislike going to that Walmart because they never have many cashiers working and there is always a long wait until you get checked out  I see Pepeís did change the total carbohydrates per serving size on the Nutrition Facts.  8)  Also there isnít any date stamped on the front of the plastic bag that the dough ball comes in.  There are just codes on the cardboard box that holds the dough balls.

Great work to you both in finding the error in the total carbohydrates per serving size!  ;D

Norma

Ralph told me he would fix it after I pointed out the error to him. I'm glad to see he carried through.

CL
Pizza is not bread.