Author Topic: My Latest  (Read 779 times)

Offline chrisf

My Latest
« on: November 29, 2012, 07:00:43 PM »
My latest Sicilian style pizza turned out good. Here is what I did to the best of my recollection:

I used my bread starter (barm) which consisted of Kamut and KABF, about 50/50 with 100% hydration. I don't remember how much of this I added to the dough, I would guess 2-300g. Since I was making bread too I just split by eye half for the pizza recipe and half for the bread.

For the dough:
1000g caputo 00
250g KABF
800g water
23g salt

I used the stretch and fold method over a 2 1/2 hr period, then cut into two balls and put in oil lined plastic bowls and then into the fridge. After 18 - 19 hours set them on the counter for an hour. Then placed them on an generously oiled sheet pan and slowly worked them out to the edges. I would let them rest and warm for 20 - 30 minutes between stretches. After a total of 2 1/2 hours (from fridge) I dressed them without par cooking and then into a 425 convection oven for 25 minutes. No rough handling at any stage.

I though they would sink under the weight of the toppings but they stood up really well. The crust has a slight crunch on the bottom and the crumb is airy and light.

pizzapan