Author Topic: Lurker  (Read 234 times)

Offline CanadianGeorge

Lurker
« on: March 24, 2012, 01:34:37 AM »
Hey Everyone.

I've been lurking on this forum for a few months.  I've loved NY style pizza for years...  A recent work trip on an Italian flagged vessel with a cook from Naples put me over the top.  This guy, working with a crappy oven and standard ingredients makes outstanding pizza!  So simple, yet so good.  He said that the offshore gig payed better than working in a pizzeria and he loved the time off.  I decided that I had to learn how make decent pizza at home.  I've brewed beer for many years and figured that some of my brewing knowledge would help...  (it didn't)  After returning from my trip, research quickly lead me to this site - before long I built an LBE (thanks VR!) and have become consumed with pizza making.  I thought that I would say hello and attempt to participate rather than just lurk. 

My wife and I moved to Houston from Canada 5 years ago.  She's currently pregnant with triplets, we figured that pizza would be a great family thing for Friday nights.  Anyway, hello everyone!  Thanks for the great forum - in three months, I have gone from not having a clue to making OK pizza.

Cheers,

George

buceriasdon

Re: Lurker
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 06:19:34 AM »
Welcome George.
Don