Author Topic: NYC's Best  (Read 266 times)

Offline HBolte

NYC's Best
« on: January 19, 2016, 08:33:06 AM »
Here is another list of the NYC favorites. I have only had 11 of them and they were all good except my over baked at Di Fara. I agree that it's hard to beat the Bee Sting. The Colony that Lou makes at Emily is excellent too.

http://www.purewow.com/food/The-Most-Amazing-Slices-of-Pizza-in-NYC-Ranked
Hans

Offline hotsawce

Re: NYC's Best
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 02:05:43 PM »
Really hard to go wrong with anything on that list. Love the Fra Diavolo sauce on the square at Prince Street... I can (and have) drank the sauce alone. The Marta Pizza I would get, though, is the Mushroom one...it's really spectacular...coming from someone who's pretty picky about mushrooms  ;D

I also love that white slice (really, any slice) from Best Pizza. The seasonal veggie square is unique and off the hook, though.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:10:35 PM by hotsawce »

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 07:29:28 PM »
Really hard to go wrong with anything on that list.

Other than Lombardi's anyway  :-X Worst pizza I've eaten outside of a elementary school including Domino's and Papa Johns.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Online Qapla

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:26:28 PM »
List sound nice .... but, when I want pizza, I just want pizza with "plain ordinary" toppings like red sauce, mozz cheese and sometimes various meats like pepperoni, beef, sausage and the like and maybe some onions and/or mushrooms - I so not particularly want "white sauce", green leafy stuff, seafood or other, to me, "non-pizza" stuff on it.

That killed about half the list for me.

I will say, of the list, I have had a slice (or two) from Joe's on Carmine (mine did have pepperoni on it) on a recent trip to NY. My Brother and I hope to take a trip to NY and we are thinking of trying John's on Bleecker - we are thinking of trying the sliced meatballs with maybe some onions and one other topping.