Author Topic: Millennials and Pizza  (Read 92 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Millennials and Pizza
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 01:31:05 PM »
Thanks Peter..interesting stuff. I stopped in to one of the 1000 Degree shops..because I had to know: really? Well, uh no. But hey it's a great name. The guys were amiable and open...even though I wasn't eating there, just visiting. They were way more into the craft than I'd expect at a franchise.  Can't recall exactly but I knmow it was at least an overnight dough and pretty sure they use CY. The head guy pulled out his IR gun and showed me they were running mid-700's on the deck. Gas  fed oven. Clearly not NP, but Nearlys..they looked pretty good fior this kind of operation. We'd just eaten or I'd have grabbed a pie.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 01:47:35 PM »
Bill,

What I found interesting, and not in a particularly good sense, is what 1000 Degrees may be doing to the classic Neapolitan style pizza as evidenced by the following excerpt:

Customers can choose from more than 50 toppings, from the traditional tomatoes, mozzarella, pepperoni and garlic to thinly sliced rib eye, grilled chicken, pineapple, jalapeno, banana peppers, bleu cheese, a smoky bourbon barbeque sauce and more.

Peter

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 04:04:28 PM »
 . From a true pizza  standpoint, not a good trend, but this is essentially mall food. From a business standpoint, I'd guess it's more competition for Subway than a true NP shop. I'd far rather eat pies made by anyone here...even me  :-D