Author Topic: Cracker Style - Balance between Crispy & Soft  (Read 2611 times)

Offline fazzari

• Lifetime Member
Re: Cracker Style - Balance between Crispy & Soft
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 01:52:26 PM »
My brother and I have found through years of observation that a .10 thickness factor is just about ideal for laminated cracker crusts Mo.  Each day that we roll dough this is our goal.  When I make dough at home, I purposely don't have scraps....If I roll out a sheet of dough, I cut the sheet in rectangles and use all of the dough to make pizza.  if I won't have time to bake in 2 or 3 days, i freeze them with good  success.  So make your formula conform to how much dough you want to make.

John

Offline PizzaManic

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 05:17:35 AM »
Hi Fazzari

I think that has been my error all along. Trying to keep to the true nature of Cracker Crust - I was always under the impression that it needed to be rolled super thin not realizing that by doing so on a Laminated Crust - all you are doing is fusing the layers again.

Thanks for clarifying - Now I can't wait to try this out again.

Regards
Regards Mo

Offline PizzaManic

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2016, 04:31:58 AM »
Yesterday, I found some flour that was about to go past it's expiry date - luckily it wasn't much but I wasn't sure what to do with it so I decided let's use all of it to make Fazzari's layered Pizza.

I made 9 8.5" dough balls in total. I rolled out the first 2 balls like normal - roll it really thin, fold it 3 times then roll again thin. Repeated this process 2 times only and then rolled out to a TF of 0.1.

After the first 2 dough balls, I decided to have a bit of fun and at the same time get some practice on Stretching Out Dough. As you can see in the picture, the dough balls expanded very nicely and was really easy to stretch out. I hand stretch as thin as I could then use my rolling pin to get uniform thickness before repeating layering process. I really enjoyed the stretching and skilled up a bit on my technique.

The rolled out dough was put straight into the freezer and will keep in the freezer till we need to use it.

Will post results as and when I make the final Pizzas.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 08:33:46 AM by Pete-zza »
Regards Mo