Author Topic: Chasing the Supreme Ideal.....  (Read 673 times)

Offline MisterPKM

• I Love Pizza!
Chasing the Supreme Ideal.....
« on: August 18, 2015, 11:34:25 PM »
Been making lots of Detroits and have been experimenting with different versions of"Supreme" toppings. After looking at other folks ideas of Supreme, I've seeing that it really depends where you grew up and your earliest pizza memories on what you consider supreme. Personally, on the East coast, I think of Supreme as pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, onion, and peppers from frozen French bread pizzas. What does everyone else see as the true Supreme pizza?

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Chasing the Supreme Ideal.....
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 09:55:04 AM »
What does everyone else see as the true Supreme pizza?

Neapolitan Margherita  ;D
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Giggliato

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 08:52:32 AM »
Been making lots of Detroits and have been experimenting with different versions of"Supreme" toppings. After looking at other folks ideas of Supreme, I've seeing that it really depends where you grew up and your earliest pizza memories on what you consider supreme. Personally, on the East coast, I think of Supreme as pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, onion, and peppers from frozen French bread pizzas. What does everyone else see as the true Supreme pizza?

That sounds about right, maybe throw some olives on there.

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 09:12:28 AM »
In the same lighthearted spirit as Craig, I would have to say John's of Greenwich Village, coal- oven very thin and light,  with nothing more than  mozz, tomato sauce and sausage..and a nice amount of char

Offline gfgman

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 01:15:03 PM »
I grew up on the east coast.  I could be wrong, but I think of supreme as a Pizza Hut invention.  The coupon price with tax for a one topping pie at my favorite local place is about $12.  $14 and change without the coupon.  When you're paying $3 per topping, I don't think I would get two toppings.  Certainly not more than that. 
One of the companies I worked for, when they ordered pizza, some of the folks liked what they called garbage pizza.  It was a little bit of everything; veggies and meat.  I personally like the combination of cooked sweet peppers and white onion.  Sliced tomatoes and red onion is killer, but my intestines say red onions are evil. 
At home I'm either making plain cheese or margherita for myself.  If I'm going out to get it, my daughter gets pineapple.  I like sliced sausage, and my wife and I both like diced tomatoes.  I don't know what he does to them, but they are the best.  Bursting with flavor.  So good that another nearby shop tried running coupons to compete with his.  I ordered a pie with diced tomatoes, and it was blatantly obvious they were trying to duplicate his formula.