Author Topic: Valoriani ovens?  (Read 7136 times)

Offline Kermit

Valoriani ovens?
« on: June 02, 2012, 06:37:02 AM »
I've been looking into different ovens lately, and one of the ovens that is easily avaliable for me is the Valoriani ovens. I plan on mounting it on a trailer and making neapolitan pizzas. It seems pretty good with a weight around 500 kgs for a 100 oven. Any comments on the dimensions, or anybody who have experience with them? It's the GR model from the Vesuvio Serie.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
Re: Valoriani ovens?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »
Whats the interior diameter and height from center to dome?

Offline Kermit

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 04:09:38 PM »
Something like this?
Inside Crown Height: 44cm
Arch Opening: 56x26cm

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 04:14:53 PM »
Something like this?
Inside Crown Height: 44cm
Arch Opening: 56x26cm
Yea. Whats the diameter of the oven, 40"? 17.3" is little on the high so you might have some top heat issues.

Offline Kermit

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 04:18:09 PM »
Yea. Whats the diameter of the oven, 40"? 17.3" is little on the high so you might have some top heat issues.

Yes, 100 cm's, so that's just around 40". I have it noted, and will continue my quest for a good oven for neapolitan styled pizza.

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »
not to be blunt but I know a place right near me that uses one,  horrible top>bottom heat ratio.  it just burns pizza undersides.  Would not recommed,  and the owner will not buy again.  -marc

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 09:01:29 PM »
I'm not a fan of them.  The American company that sells them here is based less than an hour from my house, so I've visited them a couple times, and a lot of local restaurants have those ovens.  I've yet to have even a decent pizza out of one.  Granted, a lot of that is the people making and cooking the pizzas, but I think the oven doesn't help any. 

Denmark is a bit closer to France than Italy - have you looked at Four Grand-Mere ovens from France?  They are excellent, and they make a lot of both commercial and residential models.   

Offline Matthew

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »
My Pizzaiolo worked with one at a pizzeria in Florence and referred to it as "merda"

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 12:09:46 AM »
 :-D You all beat me to the punch. Marc the guy that bought the oven near you was recommended to buy it from the guy down here. I used one of these ovens for about 2 months(way bigger oven though) and it never had a good balance. It had a very hard time reaching any temp above 800F. It was a wood burning machine and not in a good way. Took tons of wood to reach whatever temp to need to be at. Sometimes when I see places using this brand oven and claiming the temps they are reaching the first thought that always pops into my head is bull%$#.

Offline bradtri

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »
You guys are making me nervous as I've been studying the Forno Bravo pompeii oven plans.  Their "easier to build" high dome is 20" high for a 42" oven.  Am I going to have top heat issues with this design?

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 09:24:45 PM »
You guys are making me nervous as I've been studying the Forno Bravo pompeii oven plans.  Their "easier to build" high dome is 20" high for a 42" oven.  Am I going to have top heat issues with this design?

Is this oven for commercial or home use?  There is a huge difference in what you need to produce a few pizzas against all day every day with your reputation on the line.  The other relevant question is what style of pizza are you after, I am a strong advocate of building an oven that suits how you are going to use it.  The quicker the bake time you are after, the lower the dome you are going to need to get a balanced bake without having to manipulate the pie too much.  My 42" oven has a 12.75" dome height.
-Jeff

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 09:31:50 PM »
Kermit did you check the Four Gand Mere? I do it with my  POS forno bravo mobile built here in NY   but its work !
you say you are going to "mount"  it on a trailer ? there is alot that goes into the build  no matter what oven you choose. This baby needs to withstand the rigors of the road ! torsion axles, tiebacks, concrete mass beneath... wish you well, and hope you get set up and cooking soon !
John
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:33:56 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Kermit

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 06:47:35 AM »
Kermit did you check the Four Gand Mere? I do it with my  POS forno bravo mobile built here in NY   but its work !
you say you are going to "mount"  it on a trailer ? there is alot that goes into the build  no matter what oven you choose. This baby needs to withstand the rigors of the road ! torsion axles, tiebacks, concrete mass beneath... wish you well, and hope you get set up and cooking soon !
John

Will definately check out Four Grand Mere. I just really hate their website. I know that there's a lot more to it than just putting it on a trailer, and I have contact with a danish company that will hopefully take charge on actually mounting the oven on the trailer.

Another option is to build the oven myself - or in close relation with somebody that actually knows about masonary. It would probably be cheaper, and I could get the oven that I want. Forno Bravo seems to have some design schemes for a low dome.

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 09:46:21 AM »
Forno Bravo seems to have some design schemes for a low dome.

Their idea of a low dome is anything not full hemisphere.  I would not advise a brick oven for a trailer, but if you want to go that route I would take a look at my build post here.
-Jeff

Offline Kermit

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 09:56:41 AM »
Their idea of a low dome is anything not full hemisphere.  I would not advise a brick oven for a trailer, but if you want to go that route I would take a look at my build post here.

Why not a brick oven on a trailer?

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 11:01:32 AM »
Why not a brick oven on a trailer?

If the roads in Denmark are anything like the roads in the US(or at least Massachusetts) your oven is going to take a heavy beating while driving around if it's made from bricks. You can have bricks come loose and fall out of the dome. That's why for trailer mounted ovens it's best to have a cast dome oven. Even if you were to put a high quality brick made oven it will have a chance of bricks dislodging from the dome.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 12:51:23 PM »
I have even heard of bricks falling out of stationary ovens!     

Offline Kermit

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »
Ok, just to get things straight for myself. When you say brick oven you mean an oven made of bricks - floor, sides, and dome right? And when you say cast dome you mean something like a refractory dome right? I think I just misunderstood the terms, and thought of any oven that has cement or bricks in it to be a brick oven  :D

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 04:20:52 PM »
Ok, just to get things straight for myself. When you say brick oven you mean an oven made of bricks - floor, sides, and dome right? And when you say cast dome you mean something like a refractory dome right? I think I just misunderstood the terms, and thought of any oven that has cement or bricks in it to be a brick oven  :D
Yes and yes. Forno Bravo, Earthstone, Woodstone, Valoriani, ex are cast refractory modular ovens. Forno Napoletana, Stefano Ferrara, Acunto, ex are brick ovens.

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 09:39:42 PM »
Will definately check out Four Grand Mere. I just really hate their website.

Hi Kermit,

I agree with you the FGM website in pretty bad. If you want try to use my website, it will give you all of the same info www.breadstoneovens.com
If you need me to, let me know I can send you all of the specs sheets with the metric measurements.
Let me know any question you may have, I would be happy to answer them. Also I am sure I can get you some references as well.
I get nothing out of a sale like that but the FGM is a very honest company and Xavier the guy who runs it is a great guy and he take the time to do it right.

The website sucks, but the product it great  ;)
WFO cooking is about passion.

pizzapan