Author Topic: Any good pizza making videos? (especially dough making)  (Read 1259 times)

Offline tdub154420

Any good pizza making videos? (especially dough making)
« on: January 19, 2013, 01:50:10 PM »
When it comes to cooking and baking, nothing beats actually being taught in the kitchen.  Second best is watching someone in the kitchen, I feel its a very effective way to learn. 

I've searched and found a lot of videos for pizza making...but they dont deliver the same quality information that you find on these threads. 

I was wondering if anybody had made some good pizza making videos showing the whole entire process.  Especially the Lehman's dough formula.  It'd also be great to see cheese vids, sauce vids, and oven vids...I just cant find any quality and informative videos. 

- Trevor

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Any good pizza making videos? (especially dough making)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 02:32:46 PM »
Trevor,

These really arenít good videos, but there were mainly to see how the progression of learning to make pizza was for me. 

The first one is of Steve (Ev) opening the dough some and saucing it.

These videos were of me.

This video was taken about 4 months after I learned to make pizza.

Norma
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:50:48 PM by Steve »
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline MrPibbs

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 11:28:33 PM »
Thanks, Norma!   What measured amounts do you use for your sauce and cheese, like in that last video of what looks to be a 14" pie?

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 09:06:51 AM »
Thanks, Norma!   What measured amounts do you use for your sauce and cheese, like in that last video of what looks to be a 14" pie?

MrPibbs,

Those videos might be a little bit confusing, but I went from a higher TF to a lower TF now by stretching out my dough balls thinner.  Right now I almost stretch my dough balls to 18Ē.  In the last video I was making a 16Ē pie.  I was fairly new to making pizzas in the last video.  I donít weight out the sauce, but use a ladle that measures out 8 ounces of sauce (so I really donít know the real weight) and I use 7 ounces of a blend of mozzarellas.  I would like to add more mozzarellas, but since I am a small pizza business have to watch how much mozzarellas I used because of trying to make a profit. 

If anyone is interested this video of me opening the dough saucing and cheesing was also taken in 2009, which was quite awhile ago.  I think I have learned more since then.  :-D

Norma
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:50:22 PM by Steve »
Always working and looking for new information!

Online mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 10:40:39 AM »
Put. "Bubba" in the search field, 2nd post has some interesting vids.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,19201.0.html
Mark
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:42:27 AM by mkevenson »
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

pizzapan