Author Topic: Pizza Oven Questions  (Read 1504 times)

Offline IcePizza

Pizza Oven Questions
« on: July 31, 2012, 02:18:46 PM »
Im looking to open a business.

This may sound like a silly questions, so sorry in advance.

The oven im looking to buy has Power: Single phase 230V
9.4Kw

If i leave this machine on for 1 hour can i calculate my gas bill?  How can I find out what per single pizza will cost me in regards to the oven bill?

Thanks all.

Offline Michael130207

• Supporting Member
Re: Pizza Oven Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 02:35:31 PM »
This may sound like a silly answer, but if your oven is electric then it shouldn't affect your gas bill. ::)
If you meant your electric bill that will depend on the oven insulation and the amount of time the oven door is open. I don't know the typical duty cycle of a pizza oven but you could assume a high number and multiply that by the power consumption 9.5 kW.

For example if you assume the oven element is on 50% of the time at 9.5 kW for 16 hours per day at 15cent per kW then your daily bill would be $11.40. How many pizzas you make is up to you.
or for one hour $0.71.
Michael

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
Re: Pizza Oven Questions
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 05:26:03 PM »
How can I find out what per single pizza will cost me in regards to the oven bill?

You cannot figure out a cost-per-pizza. If you bake one pizza every day, your gas or electric bill will be the same as if you bake 500 pizzas every day. Your oven will be on from the time you arrive in the morning until closing time. If you sell a lot of pizzas, the cost per pizza will be much lower than if you only sell a few pizzas. That's why high-volume pizzerias tend to be profitable, while low-volume pizzerias are always for sale.