Author Topic: Blackstone Napoletana  (Read 5747 times)

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Blackstone Napoletana
« Reply #220 on: Yesterday at 11:05:56 PM »
You've come mighty close to nailing The Blackstone Challenge right there.

Thanks for your overly kind words....

I feel bad as i stole everything ....Its like cheating by having someone else's playbook...  I also cooked since i was 9 and professionally for over 16 years so i can adapt pretty quickly...  I still feel like a cheat..  but it sure tastes good... :-D

Im waiting for your next firing with great anticipation ... ;D

Hope all is well in New Zealand... Chris

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #221 on: Yesterday at 11:16:12 PM »
Thanks for your overly kind words....

I feel bad as i stole everything ....Its like cheating by having someone else's playbook...  I also cooked since i was 9 and professionally for over 16 years so i can adapt pretty quickly...  I still feel like a cheat..  but it sure tastes good... :-D

Im waiting for your next firing with great anticipation ... ;D

Hope all is well in New Zealand... Chris
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery......

Craig lays his goods out on the line because he wants to see stuff like you are doing van
You are both extremely talented at the pizza craft and we love the pics and seeing you progress.  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online dylandylan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #222 on: Yesterday at 11:19:53 PM »
Will be firing up tomorrow, taking a punt with a 28hr dough with 6%SD.

I think it's about time to start up The Acunto Challenge: Can anyone out there can bake a pie indistinguishable from yours using an Acunto?   Not sure we want to cough up the cost of the oven as the prize tho :-)

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #223 on: Yesterday at 11:20:34 PM »
You've come mighty close to nailing The Blackstone Challenge right there.

you have to do the 64% hydration...  I change a bit and did 5 minutes mix on lowest setting..10 minutes rest..  5 minutes mix and then 10 minutes rest..  stretch and fold and kneed for 5 minutes or so and then let rest on counter for 1 hour. Then a couple quick stretch and folds and kneads and into the plastic tub. No more oils only flour.. no problems at all.. same with the balls. I take bulk and a couple stretch and folds and then cut into 4 balls roll and tighten them and into floured tubs.   Thats all i changed from my daily routine... ;D 

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #224 on: Yesterday at 11:23:05 PM »
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery......

Craig lays his goods out on the line because he wants to see stuff like you are doing van
You are both extremely talented at the pizza craft and we love the pics and seeing you progress.  :chef:

Thank you Bob, I really feel flattered by your kind words...  You and the others on here are my motivation so you are all the end result..  waiting for some more pies from you as well.. ;D

Thanks Chris

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #225 on: Yesterday at 11:27:04 PM »
Will be firing up tomorrow, taking a punt with a 28hr dough with 6%SD.

I think it's about time to start up The Acunto Challenge: Can anyone out there can bake a pie indistinguishable from yours using an Acunto?   Not sure we want to cough up the cost of the oven as the prize tho :-)

Nice... can't wait...i know you will knock it out of the park....  Acunto challenge.. humm...sounds like this is up Craig's ally...We could go down with a blackstone and put it in Craig's garage and have a  real hoedown.. Texas style.... ;D

Me and you against the master... :-D

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #226 on: Today at 01:23:03 AM »
Nice... can't wait...i know you will knock it out of the park....  Acunto challenge.. humm...sounds like this is up Craig's ally...We could go down with a blackstone and put it in Craig's garage and have a  real hoedown.. Texas style.... ;D

Me and you against the master... :-D

You are not ready to snatch the pebble from my hand just yet, grasshopper.  ;)
Pizza is not bread.

pizzapan