Author Topic: New Outstanding Book! Di Pizza e Pizzerie  (Read 1972 times)

Offline randyjohnsonhve

New Outstanding Book! Di Pizza e Pizzerie
« on: August 23, 2012, 01:06:41 PM »
To All...I have had the opportunity to read Dante and Daniela Barbieri's new English Version of their Italian Book, Di Pizza e Pizzerie-A Professional Guide to Pizza Making...Listed below are some opinions...

1) If you take Omid, Craig, Reinhart, Norma, etc. and put their combined knowledge in a book, this publication would probably encompass their expertise...After being on this site several years, this summarized what I have read and experienced.

2) Dante has the humbleness of a Chris Bianco and expresses his opinions in usually a light manner. This seems to be a trend among the greats.

3) It is fun to see how Italian was interpreted to English...Read the book and you will see what I mean.

4) I would suggest this is close to the doctorate of pizza making...It is all about experience gained knowledge that is transformed into your gut feel of what to do today and always trying to improve the current base.

5) No one method is the best for everyone...No one recipe is a one fits all...It is based upon your philosophy, your needs and your conditions---seasonal outdoor climate, shop environment, water, flour, salt, oil, sugar, quality ingredients, temperatures, humidity, oven and what works for you...So many variables...All the time knowing the multitude of options available to you.

If you are into pizza, this is a must read...Get it on Amazon and Enjoy!
RJelli :chef:

http://www.amazon.com//dp/1466356359/?tag=pizzamaking-20
"Pizza Evolves...Our Best Pizza Ever is Not Today." It is 'what' is right, not 'who' is right that matters.

Offline TXCraig1

Re: New Outstanding Book! Di Pizza e Pizzerie
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 05:46:19 PM »
Mine should be here tomorrow. I can't wait.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 05:47:13 PM »
And thank you for including me in that distinguished group. ;D
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Matthew

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 08:26:37 AM »
I have spoken with Daniela (the author) on several occasions.  She sent me the 1st english version of her book to review it for her after I read the Italian version.  She is a super person & did an excellent job writing this book and sharing her experiences.  The Dante dough is the dough that she used at her pizzeria.

Matt
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:29:54 AM by Matthew »

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 09:19:40 AM »
thanks for the heads up! 

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 12:29:54 PM »
Just ordered mine. Oh, and plans for building a new book case!

Thanks for the info.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

pizzapan