To All...I have had the opportunity to read Dante and Daniela Barbieri's new English Version of their Italian Book, Di Pizza e Pizzerie-A Professional Guide to Pizza Making
...Listed below are some opinions...
1) If you take Omid, Craig, Reinhart, Norma, etc. and put their combined knowledge in a book, this publication would probably encompass their expertise...After being on this site several years, this summarized what I have read and experienced.
2) Dante has the humbleness of a Chris Bianco and expresses his opinions in usually a light manner. This seems to be a trend among the greats.
3) It is fun to see how Italian was interpreted to English...Read the book and you will see what I mean.
4) I would suggest this is close to the doctorate of pizza making...It is all about experience gained knowledge that is transformed into your gut feel of what to do today and always trying to improve the current base.
5) No one method is the best for everyone...No one recipe is a one fits all...It is based upon your philosophy, your needs and your conditions---seasonal outdoor climate, shop environment, water, flour, salt, oil, sugar, quality ingredients, temperatures, humidity, oven and what works for you...So many variables...All the time knowing the multitude of options available to you.
If you are into pizza, this is a must read...Get it on Amazon and Enjoy!