Author Topic: Dog Pictures  (Read 12455 times)

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
Re: Dog Pictures
« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2013, 09:11:03 PM »
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2013, 10:32:38 PM »
 ;D  Just faaaantastick Brian...thanks so much!!    8)

7th one down "justjesse" ...I am trying to teach my cat to "fast walk" with me on the treadmill machine.
Great post man.....
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2013, 10:52:02 AM »
Java had to have a tumor removed a couple days ago. He's feeling much better today.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline Ev

« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2013, 12:48:51 PM »
Ouch! :o

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2013, 03:03:25 PM »
Craig,

Poor Java!  :(  That is a big incision.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
Craig,

Poor Java!  :(  That is a big incision.

Norma

It it  :o. the vet wanted to be sure he got everything. He's a trooper. He's feeling a lot better and really wants to play.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2013, 07:18:20 PM »
It it  :o. the vet wanted to be sure he got everything. He's a trooper. He's feeling a lot better and really wants to play.

Craig,

Itís good to hear Java is feeling a lot better and wants to play after the operation.

Norma

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2013, 08:16:34 PM »
Poor guy...hope hes feeling better soon!
Chaz

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2013, 09:59:46 PM »
FrankenDog!!  That incision is impressive.  I'm sure Java is getting lots of extra attention and enjoying every minute. 

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2013, 07:37:31 PM »
I thought this was a cute video of dogs dining with human hands.

TWO DOGS DINING

My dog is now having more problems and now is on a prescription diet with Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution and medication for his bad joints.  He also has a tumor under his left front leg where it joins his body.  The vet said it could be a fatty tumor or something else.  The vet said last Saturday that he really thinks my dog is too old and the tumor is probably too big to operate, so he is on a diet now with dry food, diet treats and diet moist food.  He goes back to the vet in a month to get weighed again.  I guess it is hard for a dog to get older.

Norma
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:52:27 PM by Steve »

Offline JD

• Supporting Member
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2013, 08:23:54 PM »
Sorry to hear that Norma. My pup just went through a similar episode. Initial tests pointed to a fatty tumor, but we elected to have it removed since it was slowly growing. It came back as cancer unfortunately, but a very non-invasive type (sorry don't know the vet language). She's doing well now but recovering slowly due to old age.

On a more positive note, years back we stopped using dry food and switched to a dehydrated food from http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/  It's some pretty amazing stuff, and the dogs love it. Moderators can remove the link if its not appropriate in this forum, but I wanted to spread the word because its so much better than the discount stuff you can buy at grocery stores. My pups are worth the extra $.

Josh

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2013, 08:55:30 PM »
Sorry to hear that Norma. My pup just went through a similar episode. Initial tests pointed to a fatty tumor, but we elected to have it removed since it was slowly growing. It came back as cancer unfortunately, but a very non-invasive type (sorry don't know the vet language). She's doing well now but recovering slowly due to old age.

On a more positive note, years back we stopped using dry food and switched to a dehydrated food from http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/  It's some pretty amazing stuff, and the dogs love it. Moderators can remove the link if its not appropriate in this forum, but I wanted to spread the word because its so much better than the discount stuff you can buy at grocery stores. My pups are worth the extra $.

JD,

Thanks for my fellow!  I am glad to hear your dog is doing well since you elected to have it removed.  I hope you pup recovers all the way soon.  How old is your pup? My fellow has some of these same tumors on different parts of his body, but the one under his front leg is the biggest.  He had an operation on his two hind legs just a couple of years ago and that was a long recovery period with me having to give him shots besides all the other medications.  At least his hind legs are good now, but the vet thinks he has arthritis in his one hip and maybe in other joints.

Thanks for the link to the dehydrated food you give your pup.  That sounds like a very good food for pups.  My fellow has been eating Science diet all his life and I never tried anything else.  This new diet food was just put out at the vets last week and the vet said in the last two years tests 90% of dogs that had been on this diet food have lost a lot of weight.  The vet said that if my fellow loses some weight he will be happier and also feel better. 

Norma

Offline JD

• Supporting Member
« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2013, 10:45:56 PM »
Poor guy, it's tough getting old! Hopefully the other tumors are nothing serious

My pup is 12. Her and her 8 year old brother used to be overweight (of course we fed them too much). We put them on the dehydrated food (not a diet food, but a properly balanced food for dogs), and they have been at a perfect weight ever since. Really benefits their coat too.

JD,

Thanks for my fellow!  I am glad to hear your dog is doing well since you elected to have it removed.  I hope you pup recovers all the way soon.  How old is your pup? My fellow has some of these same tumors on different parts of his body, but the one under his front leg is the biggest.  He had an operation on his two hind legs just a couple of years ago and that was a long recovery period with me having to give him shots besides all the other medications.  At least his hind legs are good now, but the vet thinks he has arthritis in his one hip and maybe in other joints.

Thanks for the link to the dehydrated food you give your pup.  That sounds like a very good food for pups.  My fellow has been eating Science diet all his life and I never tried anything else.  This new diet food was just put out at the vets last week and the vet said in the last two years tests 90% of dogs that had been on this diet food have lost a lot of weight.  The vet said that if my fellow loses some weight he will be happier and also feel better. 

Norma
Josh

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2013, 06:21:42 AM »
Poor guy, it's tough getting old! Hopefully the other tumors are nothing serious

My pup is 12. Her and her 8 year old brother used to be overweight (of course we fed them too much). We put them on the dehydrated food (not a diet food, but a properly balanced food for dogs), and they have been at a perfect weight ever since. Really benefits their coat too.

JD,

Thanks for telling me about your dogs and how they did benefit from being on the dehydrated food.  I think I  also over fed my dog over the years too.  He also takes medication for his thyroid now because it isnít working right either.

I have trusted my dogs vets for many years.  http://www.vcahospitals.com/smoketown/our-team At Smoketown Animal Hospital is where my pup was operated on before.  He also had to go to Delaware for heart testing one time.  He still likes to go on walks and speaks when he wants something.  I have videos of him singing if it really is called singing.  :-D

Norma

Offline Pizzaboyo

« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2013, 08:26:17 AM »
Say hi to Ollie  ;D
An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth.

Offline Pizzaboyo

« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2013, 08:28:01 AM »
Java had to have a tumor removed a couple days ago. He's feeling much better today.
Glad to hear Java is doing well Craig, I have a very similar scar for the very same reasons from 5 years ago  :o
An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2013, 09:20:16 AM »
Glad to hear Java is doing well Craig, I have a very similar scar for the very same reasons from 5 years ago  :o

Thank you. Ollie is a great looking dog. Java has many of the same markings. He has white toes and a very similar white patch on his chest.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2013, 03:58:06 PM »
Craig hope Java is doing well Molly has a few good ones forming as well
Olie Rocks !!
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline dineomite

« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2013, 05:09:40 PM »
The building inspector has arrived! ;D

Offline Qarl

• I love to cook! and eat!
    • Black Pug Brewing
« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2013, 05:22:23 PM »
Woohoo!  Another pug owner.  We have 5 pugs and a German Shepherd...

5 pugs... Zeus, Hera, Titan, Apollo, Luna

Gunner our German Shepherd we adopted from Rescue.  He was abandonded by his previous owners (chained into a concrete pen with no food or water and nearly starved to death.  He was down to 55 lbs in weight.  He's now a healthy 88 pound dog.  This dog loves me more than the life itself!

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 05:36:45 PM by Qarl »

pizzapan