Author Topic: Dog Pictures  (Read 12293 times)

Offline BamaBubba

Re: Dog Pictures
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2012, 08:56:23 PM »
Oh yeah, Robyn, they are awesome. As a kid, Mamaw would have to call her back so I could go home. She'd get between me and the edge of the porch so I wouldn't fall...but couldn't go down the steps either :)

Offline pizzablogger

« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2012, 10:18:05 AM »
Took this cell phone snap of Magnolia Jane (Maggie) this morning at Patterson Park on the morning walk. We got her from a rescue that saves dogs from high kill shelters in South Carolina, so we had to give her a Southern Belle kinda name.  :)

"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2012, 11:13:18 AM »
I know that pose.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline BamaBubba

« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2012, 12:11:36 PM »
Maggie's a beautiful girl! I recognize that pose as well, as Marie does it often, but with her front feet crossed like a lady. :)

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2012, 02:59:12 PM »
Took this cell phone snap of Magnolia Jane (Maggie) this morning at Patterson Park on the morning walk. We got her from a rescue that saves dogs from high kill shelters in South Carolina, so we had to give her a Southern Belle kinda name.  :)

That's great Kelly.  She looks like a queen surveying her domain!  Where did you get Ruby from?
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline pizzablogger

« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2012, 06:50:16 PM »
That's great Kelly.  She looks like a queen surveying her domain!  Where did you get Ruby from?

Ruby was also from a rescue.

There is a dog rescue in Hereford, Maryland near the PA border called Roxy's Fund. They specialize in German dogs, particularly Rotties and German Shepards.

She was a Rottie (my second), at the smaller end of the AKC breed range (92lbs) and an absolute gem of an animal. As cheesy as it sounds, she was my "forever dog" and I likely will not have another experience with a dog like that again. I wanted another dog after we had to put her down due to cancer at age 9.5, but I couldn't bring myself to look at another Rottie this time around.

So we got Mags and it turned out to be a wonderful switch. Chocolate Labs are arguably too high strung for the urban environment, but thanfully we are 2 blocks from Patterson Park where she can squirrel hunt and run like a damned fool! And she is great with kids. Enduring all manner of face grabbing, pinching, ear biting, etc. with nary a growl. --K

Offline pizzablogger

« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2012, 06:51:53 PM »
Maggie's a beautiful girl! I recognize that pose as well, as Marie does it often, but with her front feet crossed like a lady. :)

Thanks!

Marie is quite the lady!

I think Craig's old boy and Maggie would make some good looking pups, but that can't happen.

Offline Moondance

• Supporting Member
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2012, 01:21:21 PM »
This is one of our shelter dogs, Kobe.  Rot/Lab mix who is now just shy of 100lbs.  He loves attacking porcupines  >:(.  The most expensive shelter dog we have ever owned!
Regina

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul."
John Muir

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2012, 01:27:18 PM »
The most expensive shelter dog we have ever owned!

Regina,

Like Kobe beef?

Peter

Offline Moondance

• Supporting Member
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2012, 02:55:34 PM »
Regina,

Like Kobe beef?

Peter

Oh yes, he's way beyond the price of Kobe beef! Besides the numerous porcupines, he chased after my horse early spring and got run over resulting in a broken leg and almost 12 weeks of recovery.  Shouldn't there be a limit to one's love of animals?
Regina

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul."
John Muir

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2012, 03:39:15 PM »
Oh yes, he's way beyond the price of Kobe beef! Besides the numerous porcupines, he chased after my horse early spring and got run over resulting in a broken leg and almost 12 weeks of recovery.  Shouldn't there be a limit to one's love of animals?
Regina,
You mean he likes "real" porcupines? Kobes pic looks like he may still have a quill or 2 stuck...or is that just how he looks when he's hungry for a porcupine?  ;D
And no, I'm sorry but there are no limits to love.  :)
Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Moondance

• Supporting Member
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »
You mean he likes "real" porcupines? Kobes pic looks like he may still have a quill or 2 stuck...or is that just how he looks when he's hungry for a porcupine?  ;D
And no, I'm sorry but there are no limits to love.  :)
Bob
[/quote]

Yes, "real" porcupines.  He hates them.  3 or 4 times now we have had to take him to the vet.  The last bill was $600.  Of course it always happens after hours and on a holiday so you are paying the emergency vet clinic.  Each time he comes away with 100's of quills.  Happens about once a year  ::)
Regina

John Muir

Offline Ev

« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2012, 07:55:31 PM »
My dogs tend to have the same problem with skunks. >:( Knock on wood, it's been a couple years since their last encounter. :angel:

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2012, 01:00:08 AM »
My dogs tend to have the same problem with skunks. >:( Knock on wood, it's been a couple years since their last encounter. :angel:

I have employed the baking soda/ hydrogen peroxide method for that problem.  Pretty good.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Ev

« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2012, 12:45:04 PM »
That oughta teach you to roll around in dead fish guts.....................but I know it won't. >:(

Offline ThatsAmore

« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2012, 01:01:17 PM »
That oughta teach you to roll around in dead fish guts.....................but I know it won't. >:(

So you had to take the pooch to the Laundry-Mutt, eh? :-D

Who put that pie in my eye ?

Offline pizzaneer

« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2012, 04:38:11 PM »
I love the look in his eye.  You can just hear him thinking:  "I'D DO IT AGAIN. I HAVE NO REGRETS."

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2012, 09:31:36 PM »
I love the look in his eye.  You can just hear him thinking:  "I'D DO IT AGAIN. I HAVE NO REGRETS."

Yep, that's why he's sticking his tounge out at Steve.  ;D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Ev

« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2012, 11:56:25 PM »
'Twern't the first time and 'twon't be the last, I'm sure. I'm just glad they don't both share the attraction.

.......and he's a she, BTW ;)

Offline pizzaneer

« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2012, 12:26:42 AM »
'Twern't the first time and 'twon't be the last, I'm sure. I'm just glad they don't both share the attraction.

.......and he's a she, BTW ;)

A fiery redheaded lass!

pizzapan