Author Topic: Pizza Hut  (Read 127 times)

Offline jkb

Pizza Hut
« on: October 24, 2014, 02:54:37 PM »
My son's school has a monthly Pizza Hut marketing thing where he gets a coupon for a personal pan pizza if he reads a certain number of books for the month.  Do I just stick to the coupon or do I fall for the ploy/satisfy my curiousity and get something for myself.  I remember liking the pan pizzas, but it's been 30 years since I've had one.

Can anyone offer guidance?

Offline Donjo911

• Supporting Member
Re: Pizza Hut
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 03:10:37 PM »
I was in love with Pizza Hut in the late 70's. It surpassed my general infatuation with Round Table Pizza at the time.  It was a weekly thing for me and a friend to ride our bikes there and eat pan pizza "in."  And - they had Pac Man!  I'm not sure if it is the melancholy of youth winding away or, the acquisition by PepsiCo or, the ongoing changes to the recipe, etc. For whatever reason. It's not bad corporate marketed, mass produced, high sugar/fat/salt pizza. I think you'll be disappointed unless you go into it forgetting what you remember about PH and all that you know about the pizzas you make. Set low expectations for the experience and hope for the best. ;)  Or, as Don Henley would sing, "Don't look back - you can never look back. I thought I knew what pizza was - but now it's gone."
Good Luck,
Don
Few great accomplishments are achieved single-handedly, Most have their Norgays.
How do you spot a Norgay?
You start with the people with the funny names.

Offline reeter

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza Hut
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 09:25:03 PM »
Unless it would throw your son off reading, maybe you could donate it to a food bank if you really don't want to use it?  Give it to a friend?  Get the pizza and gift it down the street.  Know anyone having a hard time? Take it to work for the lunch room. 
reeter

pizzapan