Author Topic: Classico Tomato Sauce  (Read 19869 times)

Offline PizzaEater101

Re: Classico Tomato Sauce
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2012, 06:36:10 PM »
The crush version is great but has alot more water.Shake the cans and notice the difference.If I used the crush version I have to strain the water out of it.

:)

Funny enough I did not have to strain the water out at all.  I have not made pizza in months but when I do again I will use Classico Crushed because it's my fave and I'll be looking for the water you mention. 

Even tho I am not making pizza just yet I did buy a can recently and much to my surprise the first can I picked up when I was shopping for Classico a couple of weeks ago was super light.  I was so surprised and then I shook the can and it was more than half empty.  I had to tell the worker there and he said thank you for bringing it to his attention.  No it was not partially opened and leaking, it was canned all wrong.  First time I never came across that.  I'd warn you guys about that but you guys will know from the weight or lack of weight that it is not totally full. Not sure how that can happen with all the automated machinery canning the stuff.

Offline Shaklee3

« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2012, 01:15:16 AM »
Norma, did you ever end up doing your taste test?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2012, 06:58:20 AM »
Norma, did you ever end up doing your taste test?

Shaklee3,

No, I didnít do the taste tests yet with different Classico products and other tomato sauces.  Summer came and I was busy and I also did a lot of pizza experiments.  I still have lots of tomato products at market and probably will do the taste tests some rainy day.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Shaklee3

« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2012, 02:21:58 AM »
I bought several cans of the crushed peeled at Walmart, and had them straight from the can on my first 00 pizza. Tasted great, but I'll add some spices next time.

Online MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2012, 05:41:52 PM »
I bought several cans of the crushed peeled at Walmart, and had them straight from the can on my first 00 pizza. Tasted great, but I'll add some spices next time.

I bought couple from Walmart too. Tasted great, I added 1 tbs dried basil, 1 tbs dried oregano, tbs extra virgin olive oil and 1tsp of minced garlic

Tasted great
Bert,

pizzapan