Author Topic: Cento certified San Marzanos at Trader Joe's now  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
Cento certified San Marzanos at Trader Joe's now
« on: October 06, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »
Went to TJ's yesterday to get a few things and saw that they now sell the Cento San Marzanos w/Basil (Certified) at a great price.

I asked the checker if that was a new product and she said yes. Usually I can't get a can of Cento SMs under $5 here in SF so I thought I'd share the news...

TJ's sells them at $3.99 per 28oz can.

Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Cento certified San Marzanos at Trader Joe's now
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 12:21:30 PM »
Went to TJ's yesterday to get a few things and saw that they now sell the Cento San Marzanos w/Basil (Certified) at a great price.

I asked the checker if that was a new product and she said yes. Usually I can't get a can of Cento SMs under $5 here in SF so I thought I'd share the news...

TJ's sells them at $3.99 per 28oz can.

I posted a while back that I'd seen Cento DOP in a couple stores recently. Now, I can find them just about everywhere I shop in Houston and they are typically $3.89 - $3.99/can. The Certified are nowhere to be found. I wonder if they are phasing out the certified and going back to DOP? Maybe the dumped the last of them at TJ's?
Pizza is not bread. Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 12:38:29 PM »
I posted a while back that I'd seen Cento DOP in a couple stores recently. Now, I can find them just about everywhere I shop in Houston and they are typically $3.89 - $3.99/can. The Certified are nowhere to be found. I wonder if they are phasing out the certified and going back to DOP? Maybe the dumped the last of them at TJ's?

Craig,

I don't know if they're phasing them out. The checker told me that it was a new product so my guess is the Centos could be very well become a regular item at TJ's.

I think we have to wait and see :)
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 02:54:47 PM »
I wil look at my TJ here in town, good find!

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline flyboy4ual

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 03:45:01 PM »
I bought 15 cans.  They told me that they just got one order in and that's all they are getting.  They were pretty good on the pizza's I made this week!

Scott D.

pizzapan