Author Topic: Forno Bravo Napoli  (Read 2248 times)

Offline csafranek

Forno Bravo Napoli
« on: October 25, 2012, 04:59:09 PM »
What does everyone think of this new oven by Forno Bravo?

http://www.fornobravo.com/store/Napolino70-Assembled-28-Naples-style-Pizza-Oven..html

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
Re: Forno Bravo Napoli
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 05:36:01 PM »
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 06:16:47 PM »
These are great little ovens. I have the same oven, but in the Primavera version. If I were to buy it again I would go for this one, although the stand is hideous. The wrap/center vent helps with draw and also uses the exhaust heat to further insulate the dome. The firing time is 45 minutes or less.

The issue I have is the size - I want a larger oven after using it for a couple of years - and that the oven cracks inside. The cracks seem not to interfere with the performance, though.

All in all, a great backyard oven purchase, no matter which skin you choose.

John

Offline TheDude

• Ammazza Pizza
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:44:52 AM »
I haven't used that particular oven, but I do use two of the Napoli140W 56" ovens in a commercial setting.  They hold temp great under load and really I don't have a complaint.  The biggest issue we've had with them was simply unpacking and placing them..they are just under 6000 pounds a piece.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 06:38:27 AM »
I haven't used that particular oven, but I do use two of the Napoli140W 56" ovens in a commercial setting.  They hold temp great under load and really I don't have a complaint.  The biggest issue we've had with them was simply unpacking and placing them..they are just under 6000 pounds a piece.

Very interesting. This is the first I have heard of the larger ones being used in a commercial setting. Those ovens are much thicker than the home-use ones. At what temp are you running them? Are you producing NP pies?

John

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 06:43:13 AM »
I haven't used that particular oven, but I do use two of the Napoli140W 56" ovens in a commercial setting.  They hold temp great under load and really I don't have a complaint.  The biggest issue we've had with them was simply unpacking and placing them..they are just under 6000 pounds a piece.

Just saw your website: http://ammazza.com. EDIT: realized you are doing Neo-NY from another post.

John
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:55:36 AM by dellavecchia »

Offline fornographer

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 08:01:28 AM »
Good Morning John.  Ammazza is close to where I live and we got to visit shortly after they opened. Those ovens are HUGE and impressive looking.  The place looks amazing although the layout is kinda weird.  You're right, the pies, while good, are still not quite Neapolitan yet at least on the night we visited.  I timed the average bake at a little over 3 minutes that night.   

Very promising though :)  I'm looking forward to the day when their pizzaioli get more experience and the ovens get more seasoned. 

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 03:44:35 PM »
Good Morning John.  Ammazza is close to where I live and we got to visit shortly after they opened. Those ovens are HUGE and impressive looking.  The place looks amazing although the layout is kinda weird.  You're right, the pies, while good, are still not quite Neapolitan yet at least on the night we visited.  I timed the average bake at a little over 3 minutes that night.   

Very promising though :)  I'm looking forward to the day when their pizzaioli get more experience and the ovens get more seasoned. 

Thank you for the information. I wonder if they are striving to do NP, or are set on a longer bake? The menu looked really interesting - how did the dough taste?

John

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 04:47:43 PM »
I like the look of that oven, but the $800+ for shipping to NJ (though understandable) is rough.  :o
Chaz

Offline fornographer

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 08:15:20 PM »
Thank you for the information. I wonder if they are striving to do NP, or are set on a longer bake? The menu looked really interesting - how did the dough taste?

John

The dough didn't have much flavor.  It was flat.  The sauce lacked acidity but was ok.  The cheese was very good and melted perfectly.  Though the cornicione showed a bit of a tight crumb, it was tender enough.  There was no leoparding at all on the pie I got. Folks on the other tables had different looking pies, even though we all had a Margherita, although I saw them come out of the same dough box. The crew manning the oven still has a lot to learn. 

It didn't feel like they were striving to do NP. But it could be just from lack of experience in the Neapolitan craft. 

pizzapan