Author Topic: PIACCI, Fior Di Latte , review  (Read 879 times)

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
PIACCI, Fior Di Latte , review
« on: October 29, 2012, 09:50:19 PM »
I tried for the 1st time this fresh Mozz. From previous posts here it seems that this product is manufactured by Grande.
I purchased a black,plastic container with 8 oz. of fresh mozzarella, ciliegine. The back states, Grande cheese company, Brownsville, Wi.

The label states " Marrying fresh milk with specially developed cultures in a recipe that took years to perfect, our Fior-di-Latte, or "flower of milk," yields an exceptionally clean delicate flavor."

Total fat 6g.  9%
Serving size 28g.

Ingredients: Pasteurized milk,Cheese culture, Sea Salt, Rennet.

I have to say that this is the best textured cheese when melted I have used. It puddles thick and is somewhat chewy. Taste is good but not overly strong. I added a "sharp" provolone aged at least 7 months, for additional flavor.

I have now seen it in 2 different grocery stores here in Santa Rosa, both privately owned. There is a use by date, I wish there was a manufactured date.

I will try again. Sorry no pricing info.

Mark

"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Online RobynB

• Lifetime Member
Re: PIACCI, Fior Di Latte , review
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 10:42:42 PM »
Huh, I will have to get some next visit to Santa Rosa.  Which stores?  I haven't seen that yet in the local stores South of you (I'm a bit South of San Jose). 

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: PIACCI, Fior Di Latte , review
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 11:42:21 PM »
Huh, I will have to get some next visit to Santa Rosa.  Which stores?  I haven't seen that yet in the local stores South of you (I'm a bit South of San Jose). 

I saw it at Oliver's , but bought at G&G market on College west of Dutton almost to Stony Point. There is a G&G in Petaluma also, a little closer to you. I suspect distribution will be building if it sells.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles