Author Topic: Your old posts?  (Read 96 times)

Offline Donjo911

• Supporting Member
Your old posts?
« on: Yesterday at 02:09:08 PM »
Ever go back to your own early posts looking for something you'd forgotten and seen:
 - How poorly developed your own dough balls are formed?  :-[
 - That you used WAY too much bench flour?  ::)
 - That perhaps a 26oz dough ball is too large for an NY-Style 18" pizza? :o
 - You're embarrassed now at how hideous your early pizzas looked - yet they made you so happy at the time?  :'(

I shuddered, cringed, and laughed out loud at mine... and it's only been about a year.  I think I'll wait at least another year to do it again!  :-D   Thanks to everyone for all the help and encouragement along the way!

Cheers,
Don
Few great accomplishments are achieved single-handedly, Most have their Norgays.
How do you spot a Norgay?
You start with the people with the funny names.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Your old posts?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 06:31:43 PM »
Don,  I have and what is interesting is what I thought was good then, compared to now. I agree with you to wait another year and look  again.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 08:45:44 PM »
All the better reason to post one thread of all your pies.  I have 4 years of evolution to look at, and I also go back and revisit and revise some of them.  My methods haven't changed much, but they have certainly been refined, although I do not know if that has improved my pizza or not.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 08:54:26 PM »
Don,

When I look at my first posts on pizzas I was trying to make it sure gives me a good chuckle.  :-D I did about everything wrong that can be done by newbies.  After 5 years I am still learning and probably will be for the rest of my pizza making time here on earth.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Donjo911

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 09:26:26 PM »
All the better reason to post one thread of all your pies.  I have 4 years of evolution to look at, and I also go back and revisit and revise some of them.  My methods haven't changed much, but they have certainly been refined, although I do not know if that has improved my pizza or not.
I love your pizza pics!  I did wonder about the whole "my pizza experience" thread.  I see the value in threads like TonN's beer in dough, Flirting with Fire, Pizza Garage, certainly Craig's Neapolitan Garage, and more.  At the same time, I wondered if that was the right way to go about it. I mean, there could be 20,000 individual threads or more with everyones story.  I totally see what you mean but like the way this forum is indexed better as it's easier to navigate.  You make a solid point and at the same time I'm just not sure I'm worthy of a dedicated thread. Maybe one day.... I hope!
Cheers,
Don
Few great accomplishments are achieved single-handedly, Most have their Norgays.
How do you spot a Norgay?
You start with the people with the funny names.