Author Topic: Bar Rescue  (Read 98 times)

mitchjg and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online nick57

• Supporting Member
Bar Rescue
« on: Yesterday at 09:35:43 PM »
  John Taffer and co. were watching the latest bar on video in his car. They started watching the cook make a pie. They about freaked out when the cook put the cheese on and then swirled the sauce on top. They could not believe what they were seeing. Neither John and his chef had ever seen a pie like before. They thought that was nuts. I guess they never saw a NJ Boardwalk pie before. Makes one wonder how much those two really know about food. John's chef opened a dough ball and I thought he was going to kill it. He was not gentle, but smashed it with his hands on the counter, even the rim was flattened out. It  airs again tonight at 11pm central time on Spike TV.

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Bar Rescue
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 09:51:32 PM »
The best part was that John's chef walks into the restaurant, goes straight back to the kitchen, makes the pie and then walks out of the bar with it. The cook has no idea who the guy who just walked into his kitchen was and he doesn't say a word about it. The owners see him walk in to the kitchen and then walk out with the pie. They don't know who he is and don't say a word either.
Pizza is not bread.

Online nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:24:14 PM »
I posted this with pic on the Bar Rescue Facebook page. It stayed up for almost an hour before they deleted it. That's so funny. I really like the show and Taffer. I was surprised he did not have the b... to leave it up. He should do what he preaches. No big deal, Ill still watch the show, maybe with a grain of salt.

"I guess John and Josh have never had a New Jersey boardwalk pizza or a Trenton style tomato pie. The cheese goes on first, and the tomato sauce is swirled on top of the cheese. The sauce does not burn, it mingles with and sinks into the cheese. People wait in long lines for a world famous Maruka pizza, Mack's pizza, and Mario's."

Update!

I stand corrected. The post was not deleted. But it was hard to find. So, I give them a thumbs up!
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:06:01 PM by nick57 »

Offline tommy

• Supporting Member
  • Always learning, and struggling. And eating.
    • tommy:eats
« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:41:00 AM »
It's a TV show is designed to be entertaining. I don't think it necessarily reflects the knowledge of its stars any more than I think Gordon Ramsay spends his days yelling at his coworkers and family.

I should add that I do tend to get annoyed when they say stupid stuff, only because they are reinforcing stupid ideas, and the rest of the country isn't aware enough to understand.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:57:18 AM by tommy »