Author Topic: A nod to Chicago Bob  (Read 106 times)

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
A nod to Chicago Bob
« on: Yesterday at 09:10:04 PM »
 Bob had wondered if the yeast roll recipe would make good sliders. I could not get that idea off my brain, I had thought about it for a while, but Bob really sparked my interest. So, after eating some bad/good and nasty food at the Tulsa fair, I thought I've been a bad boy today, so go for broke. I made a batch of yeasty rolls. I had some leftover sloppy joes mix in the freezer. You know where I am going. It was amazing. I cooked the rolls a little longer than usual. They were amazing. I only ate two, but could have eaten a few more. I can't wait to try them with some tri tip roast. Bob, go for it, u had the right idea! Thanks

Offline Donjo911

• Supporting Member
Re: A nod to Chicago Bob
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 09:25:24 PM »
Mmmm Sloppies!  You are just going for full blown indigestion today - aren't you!  Those rolls look great. The force is strong with you - I can tell!
Cheers,
Don
Few great accomplishments are achieved single-handedly, Most have their Norgays.
How do you spot a Norgay?
You start with the people with the funny names.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:03:00 PM »
Man those look incredible dude....you got a handle on that magic !!    :drool:

Wish I could make a giant one of those an lay my head on it at night when I go to sleep.  8)
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:10:01 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:14:51 PM »
Bob, when you make these rolls, let me know what ya think. I am not a bragger and this is not my recipe, but they are wonderful. Without sharing great ideas, we would be lost.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 10:24:43 PM »
Bob, when you make these rolls, let me know what ya think. I am not a bragger and this is not my recipe, but they are wonderful. Without sharing great ideas, we would be lost.
Thanks Nick, I`ll be sharing my thoughts very soon.
These rolls reminded me instantly of a lil neighborhood bakery back in my home town that used them as hamburger rolls and you would go there for a burger just to get that roll man....small little quaint place an I bet they sold over 500 burgers on a Saturday afternoon lunch service....it was awesome and a lot of fun!  :)
Thanks for the memory.....
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"