Author Topic: Home WFO  (Read 772 times)

Offline csafranek

Home WFO
« on: November 24, 2012, 01:09:34 PM »
Ok so if I want to build an outside WFO in my backyard what does everyone reccomended? I don't want a HUGE monstrous oven but would like a decent sized oven. Also I am not gifted in building so it would have to be somewhat easy to build. I know people are very opinionated when it comes to ovens, but please give me your honest opinion and why please. Thank you in advance.

Chad

Offline shuboyje

Re: Home WFO
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 01:49:21 PM »
I think you will find most of us are only opinionated to the point that you don't get screwed and know what you are getting and what limitations it may have.  This is really a VERY helpful and supportive group.

From what you have said so far there are lots of options:

-Many makers now offer small pre finished ovens that may be your best option.  FGM and Forno Bravo are two big players in that market.

-If you want something a little bigger a kit oven is pretty simple to put together and finish.  Again FGM would be a popular choice, but there are lots of others.

-The best bang for your buck would probably be a custom built brick oven.  A low mass low dome barrel vault oven would be much easier to build then a dome, and would still give great results.

I think those three options are a good jumping off point to start the conversation.
-Jeff

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
Re: Home WFO
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 03:19:40 PM »
You should refine down how you plan on using it first, then pick the type works best for that and your budget and skill set.  No matter which, the fundamentals apply:  Use no more mass than you want to heat up and insulate the hell out of it.