Author Topic: Bianco book  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Bobino414

• Supporting Member
Bianco book
« on: March 10, 2012, 01:19:11 PM »

According to the Arizona Republic Chris Bianco is about to sign a deal with Harper/Collins for a "tell all" pizza book.  Release date is fall of 2013.

Offline DanOnRoute66

Re: Bianco book
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 08:07:22 PM »
Bianco makes pretty good pizza but I think it's overrated. La Grande Orange in Phoenix and Grimaldi's both have much better pizza.

Offline Giggliato

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 01:11:38 AM »
Isn't that the place where according to Reinhart, all you have to do is love pizza?

Offline randyjohnsonhve

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 01:03:58 PM »

I can't wait for the book to come out...one of the best pizzaiolas in the US, if not World...So much experience and knowledge, It will be good!

Rjelli :chef:
"Pizza Evolves...Our Best Pizza Ever is Not Today." It is 'what' is right, not 'who' is right that matters.

Offline Bobino414

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 05:14:50 PM »

Rjelli

Good pizza and good bread; I just hope he is forthcoming and the editors don't dumb down the ingredients or workflow.  If I see cups instead of grams I guess I'll have my answer.

Bob

Offline bakerbill

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 08:57:59 PM »
The big question is whether we will get the full story, grams included, or a watered down version for typical home consumption. Will it be written for the brick oven or the kitchen range? If only for the kitchen range, it will, in my humble opinion, be of diminished value.

bakerbill

Offline bakerbill

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »
The big question is whether we will get the full story, grams included, or a watered down version for typical home consumption. Will it be written for the brick oven or the kitchen range? If only for the kitchen range, it will, in my humble opinion, be of diminished value.

bakerbill

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 09:22:14 PM »
bakerbill,

I agree with you. But I will add that it isn't always the celebrity pizza operator that is the problem. It is usually the publisher. There really aren't that many people who want to exactly replicate Chris Bianco's pizza, down to the exact dough recipe. That recipe would only have real value to people with the right ovens. Publishers want a big market for their books. In a case like this, that usually means ordinary people with standard home ovens who might have heard about Chris from his many media appearances or who may have eaten in his pizzeria. Chris Bianco once gave a dough recipe to Gourmet magazine and it bore absolutely no relationship to what he was using at the time. I have seen many other such instances where celebrity chefs were asked for recipes for ordinary folks. What they got was the typical pablum recipe. Let's see what happens this time.

Peter

Offline bakerbill

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 02:53:45 PM »
Peter,
I agree with you completely. It is all about the market. My frustration is getting my hopes up that authors will deliver only to find out that what they deliver is constrained by perceived sales. It's Charlie Brown all over again. My hope is that the book will begin to approach what Bianco is capable of doing and not succumb to simplistic formulas. And make mine metrics.

bakerbill

Offline Bobino414

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 11:55:50 AM »

Amazon is accepting pre-orders on Bianco's as yet untitled pizza book.  Price $21.30.  Scheduled release date September 12, 2013.

Bob