Author Topic: PH Clone refined.  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Steven 86

PH Clone refined.
« on: October 14, 2012, 05:19:43 PM »
The PH Clone Recipe doing the rounds works pretty well, however after weeks of refinement I think I might have just cracked it.

I am using a "pizza maker" pizza oven (which reaches heat of around 570 deg f) so have an unfair advantage.

Nonetheless with the current recipe I have found the pizza to be either to anaemic or too overcooked.

I think increasing the proportion of milk powder (to increase browning) and increase water has made a big difference. I also think using a cast iron pan (i use a skillet) and having a double rising process will make this the best it can be.

Here's my version below. As i said my pizza oven may help but I believe the following amendments should give an improved version in a conventional oven (i'll try this sometime):

For 3 pizzas:

To pan of bread mixer add:

Wet ingredients : add 1 and 1/2 cups of warm water and 2 tbsp olive oil.

Dry ingredients: On top add 4 and 1/8 cups of all purpose flour, 1/2 cup skimmed milk powder (e.g. marvel), 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 package yeast (7grams).

Allow bread machine to knead for 10 minutes.

When kneaded, coat dough in thin layer of olive oil in a bowl. Cover bowl and allow to rise for half an hour.

Add 1.5 oz olive oil (with optional garlic salt) to 10 inch cast iron skillets.

Roll out around 1/4 inch thick, and put in skillet. Cover skillet (as air tight as possible), with a solid cover.

put in an oven warmed to 95 deg c which has been switched off.

Allow to rise for an hour.

Take out, spray crust with spray release (e.g. fry light). Top with sauce, cheese then toppings, then oregano.

Heat pizza oven to 2, put pizza in and then switch to nearly 3. If using conventional oven put the skillet on a preheated pizza stone on the top rack. Preheat the oven on full whack for a full half an hour before doing so.

Cook for around 7 mins.

Someone please try and let me know what you think!

Thanks

Offline wolfylee

Re: PH Clone refined.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 04:59:37 PM »
I see you haven't had a response here Steven...when I get my oven I'll let you know, it's the first I'll try...promise.

Almost sure I've convinced my g'friend that a G3 Ferrari is something that we NEED to have. :)