Author Topic: A new (and free) ebook on using excess sourdough starter  (Read 7248 times)

Offline I Have Feet

Re: A new (and free) ebook on using excess sourdough starter
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2012, 05:34:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply Bill. That makes sense about the butter making the waffles more tender. Also I had the same thought about buttermilk shortly after posing the question; that it would take away from the sourdough flavour (especially with a more mild starter).

As for cheese on waffles, growing up my family did regular Sunday brunches, usually waffles or pancakes, and a cheese plate was always on the table. I love the combination of a really sharp aged cheddar with maple syrup drizzled on top. Everyone I've introduced the combo to loves it. Add to that a slice of savoury sausage and you've got one very delicious and complex mouthful! :)

Marscapone or a fresh chèvre with fesh fruit salad is another awesome topping combo.

Brendan

Offline DenaliPete

• Supporting Member
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 08:10:08 AM »
Bill,

No ipad here, but I do look forward to trying your recipes in the future (going to have to get back in the culture game and take a break from the low carb thing).

Those onion rings Craig made look incredible.  have you tried a roll in panko after battering the onion rings?  Seems like the texture would be out out of this world.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »
have you tried a roll in panko after battering the onion rings?  Seems like the texture would be out out of this world.

I tried countless variations (including "panko" crumbs made with leftover starter) and, for my tastes, the texture of the batter by itself is just about perfect. But I'd love to hear about it if anyone gives it a try.

Offline theppgcowboy

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 02:34:36 PM »
Did anyone get this to go on a pc using Itunes?  It is a big file and I would like to attempt it.  I now have I tunes on my pc and was just curious.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2013, 02:48:09 PM »
You can download it to iTunes on your PC, but then you will need to sync to an iPad. You will not be able to view it on your PC. Sorry.

No question in my mind: I will never use the Apple authoring platform again to publish an eBook.

Offline theppgcowboy

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2013, 10:00:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Bummer.

pizzapan